If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex spinning up drives nightly

NickL2383NickL2383 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the plex docker installed on unraid and using the file activity plugin have found that plex is scanning all of my drives every night even though I have all library scanning set to manual. Is it normal for the maintenance activity to do this nightly and is there a way to stop it?

Answers

• CooadCooad Posts: 37Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Did you disable the “scheduled tasks” as well?

• BelishkiBelishki Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You may adjust it from Settings/Server/Schedule Tasks

• NickL2383NickL2383 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Before last night I did deselect everything in the scheduled tasks and Plex didn't rescan overnight. So that was definitely what was causing it. That being said, is there specific items in the scheduled tasks I should enable that will not rescan metadata nightly? I was pretty sure I had it on the default settings previously.

Thanks