If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

embedded subtitles not displaying in Plex for Kodi

mwplex2300mwplex2300 Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi all--
I've never been able to get embedded subtitles to work in PfK, both with Kodi 17.5, PfK 0.1.3, as well as the beta Kodi 18.0-Alpha1 and PfK 0.1.4a1 . This is on an AFTV ARMv7 box, with PMS

I have several videos that use either SRT or ASS subtitling and I can never get those subtitles to display on PfK. I also have media with the "sidecar" .srt files, and these are not working with PfK. And yet all these same media files play with subtitles properly displaying on the web browser player, or even my Android player (a Dell 8 Venue tablet).

Can anyone recommend troubleshooting/settings to check? I feel like I've tried everything. thanks!

• DeCraicWas90DeCraicWas90 Posts: 1Members

Same problem here. Can't get any subtitles to work with kodi. Any way to fix this?

They show up in the dropdown as available but won't show on screen.

• lepitismaklepitismak Posts: 147Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

use mkvtoolnix to embedded subtitles