If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Trailers & Extras not loading on one PMS

josebellasjosebellas Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have two PMS boxes in two different geographical locations. Both run Windows 10 Pro x64 v1709, run version 1.10.1.4602 of PMS, have identical content libraries, similar resources (compute and memory, identical storage), and the same ISP (although different plans with different SLAs).

My issue is that since last week one server has stopped downloading the trailers and extras.

I have gone through everything I could think of including some things I searched here but I can't figure out why this stopped working. Remediation steps I have performed are for example disabling IPv6 on the NIC, I've restarted all of the networking components, optimized the database and cleaned the bundles, and etc.

Focusing on one movie title in particular, the working server downloads the trailers and extras, has the content rating (PG-13) next to the watched status, and the audience rating from rotten tomatoes. The non-working server gets all of the metadata minus the trailers and extras, no content rating, and the audience rating from imdb.

Other observations have been that it has not been matching newly added TV shows, I have to manually select "match" and then it uses the auto-match with everything working as expected, and lastly in some instances I may have more than one copy of the same media in the same library. Historically when this happens the media is matched to the existing content and the existing content's poster gets an icon with a number 2 in the upper left hand corner. Since this problem began the content is matched as entirely new content so there are now duplicate entries.

Based on that I would assume the Plex Media Agent is not working correctly and maybe this content is being matched with a different agent?

I'm not sure but regardless I'm not sure how to resolve it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• josebellasjosebellas Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I wanted to add that if I perform a "Refresh Metadata" on content that already has trailers, extras, etc. they are removed. Not sure what's happening here.

• tsutaztsutaz Posts: 58Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same problem!! I refresh metadata and the trailer goes away if it existed!

This is on ongoing problem. I have a few friends that are experiencing similar issues with their PMS. Some movies do load trailers and extras while the majority do not and many that already have the content if refreshed lose the additional content.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone but I would feel even better if the problem was acknowledged and actively worked on.

Same content, two different folders, two different libraries, same agent. The content from before the problem has everything correct as expected, the content scanned after the problem started is missing the trailers, extras, content rating, and rotten tomatoes audience rating.

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 31,269Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

any chance of logs ? with debug logging enabled beforehand.
    See https://support.plex.tv/articles/201643703-reporting-issues-with-plex-media-server/

and doing a test with a new library and then capturing the logs and screenshots of the library settings
    See https://support.plex.tv/articles/200250417-plex-media-server-log-files/

best to do the test after restarting the server to get fresh set of logs created

also indicating which plex app is being used and screenshots of the settings relating to extras for that app

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

Please do not send logs by Private Message unless specifically requested to

Please see the attached, is this what you needed?

With regards to the app, I don't really follow what you mean here. I update and maintain my library via the WebUI/Web App. But any client used will also see the same results, different ratings, no extras etc. This could be an ATV4 or a Ruko (stick, ultra, 3, etc.). Maybe I misunderstood...

Thanks.

• mulhearn1022mulhearn1022 Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm also experiencing this same issue. All trailers and extras were present and loaded immediately after movies were added to library in the past. I tried to switch the Library Agent from "The Movie Database" (which had "Plex Movie" enabled and right after "The Movie Database") to "Plex Movie" (which had "The Movie Database" enabled and right after "Plex Movie"). I made sure to change ratings dropdown in Plex Movie from The Movie Database to Rotten Tomatoes. This resulted in some movies getting Rotten Tomatoes ratings, most not, and some the ratings were lost all together. Essentially all of my trailers and extras were wiped out. I've tried switching back to The Movie Database agent, creating a brand new library, refreshing all metadata almost 20 times, restarting the server, clearing cache, emptying trash, cleaning bundles, and optimizing the database (why not) with no luck. In the brand new library I created, only a handful of movies picked up trailers, but it seems like every movie picked up "extras". Between the two libraries, the same movie will have a trailer in one library and not the other. In the attached sample I cleanly started the server, tried to refresh metadata for The Dark Knight and Dunkirk. No trailers or extras appeared for The Dark Knight and only extras appeared for Dunkirk, but no trailer. Any ideas?

This is now affecting both of my servers.

mulhearn1022, I did not make any changes to the agent settings or list hierarchy, this just started happening. You didn't have an issue at all until you made changes?

At this point If I refresh the metadata on almost any movie I'll lose the trailers and maybe the extras. In some cases the extras remain which is very odd.

yes, add +1 to this too!!!!

@josebellas said:
    This is now affecting both of my servers.

mulhearn1022, I did not make any changes to the agent settings or list hierarchy, this just started happening. You didn't have an issue at all until you made changes?

At this point If I refresh the metadata on almost any movie I'll lose the trailers and maybe the extras. In some cases the extras remain which is very odd.

Nope, IIRC like 99% of movies had trailers.

I just tried both movies again and was able to get the trailer for Dunkirk now but still not The Dark Knight. There seems to be very inconsistent performance here and tbh I'm not very confident that the trailers I currently have will stick around after subsequent Metadata Refreshes in the future.

This has been happening for me for quite sometime now, it's very annoying this feature is not working.

• itzmeitzme Posts: 444Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm not seeing trailers and extras of late either.

The trailer for Dunkirk is gone once again. Can we get some acknowledgement from the Plex Developers on this issue?

• maxflixmaxflix Posts: 187Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited February 9

Hey everyone - This thread was brought to my attention late yesterday evening, and I'm taking a look now. I apologize that you're having trouble getting metadata for your movies. I'll be looking through the posted logs and trying to debug this issue.

@maxflix said:
    Hey everyone - This thread was brought to my attention late yesterday evening, and I'm taking a look now. I apologize that you're having trouble getting metadata for your movies. I'll be looking through the posted logs and trying to debug this issue.

thank you

Your effort is much appreciated, maxflix!

• maxflixmaxflix Posts: 187Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited February 9

Ok, so it sounds like there may be a couple problems going on in this thread.

Issue 1: If everything about your movie looks good on plex.tv (it has a cast list, ratings, etc), EXCEPT that it is showing no trailers or extras, could you please do one of two things -
    a) View the movie on a different client (like iOS) and see if there are trailers or extras available there
    b) Post the information XML for the movie (Can be found here: https://support.plex.tv/articles/201998867-investigate-media-information-and-formats/ - look for "XML Information")

Issue 2: If you are missing multiple things about the movie, like ratings, extras, content rating, etc. - please list the name of the title (and if you have the IMDb ID that's helpful too)

Maxflix

My issue is number 1. I did as you recommended and checked for trailers on my iphone 7 and there is no trailer option. I've attached the xml file for the movie in question Alien Covenant

Thank you again for helping us.

edited February 9

BTW, Maxflix, here is the xml file of the same movie (that I have not refreshed that does contain a trailer.
    maybe this will help. Oh I have 2 Plex servers running, 1 on mac-mini and another on a linux box. The movie on the mac does not contain the trailer. Ugh I just saw that file has zero bytes.

If you feel it's important or want to see it, let me know and I will attach.

Thanks