If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Touchscreen driver for RasPlex

PlexplorerPlexplorer Posts: 3Members ✭✭

This touchscreen requires a driver from this github repo to operate on the GPIO pins of my RPI2. The included Jessie image w/preinstalled LCD drivers works great!

However, first timer to RasPlex I have learned it runs LibreELEC and I am not able to use 'apt-get', 'git', or even 'raspi-config' and my touchscreen is dead in the water without a driver (see screenshot). It runs on the GPIO ports instead of HDMI. I tested RasPlex on my HDMI monitor and it worked fine, so Plan B is to buy this touchscreen alternative instead. However, I would prefer to install this LCD driver to RasPlex.

I copied the LCD driver files on to my SD card where RasPlex is installed (contained in a .tar), but could not see them in RasPlex. With the 'ls' command, I can only see Plex related folders like music, movies, etc. I believe RasPlex is split into two partitions - one of which is hidden from the OS and contains folders visible to shell using the 'ls' command. Also, I am logging in as "root" with default password "rasplex"

Ideas appreciated! Thanks.