If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

reFocus for Plex "Back to Blue" Edition

Comments

• sandman4suresandman4sure Posts: 792Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited November 2011
    For the list to work with episodes, you can alter LibraryVideoMenu.xml:

<control type="button" id="9019">
    	<label>$LOCALIZE[535]</label>
    	<onclick>Container.SetViewMode(555)</onclick>
    	<include>newHomeMenuCategoryButton</include>
    	<visible>![Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(seasons)]</visible>
    </control>

remove the part in the visible tag for the episodes:

<visible>!Container.Content(seasons)</visible>

or just set visible to true to show it everywhere.
  • Jason MehringJason Mehring Posts: 281Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For the list to work with episodes, you can alter LibraryVideoMenu.xml:

<control type="button" id="9019">
    	<label>$LOCALIZE[535]</label>
    	<onclick>Container.SetViewMode(555)</onclick>
    	<include>newHomeMenuCategoryButton</include>
    	<visible>![Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(seasons)]</visible>
    </control>

remove the part in the visible tag for the episodes:

<visible>!Container.Content(seasons)</visible>

or just set visible to true to show it everywhere.

Thanks. Appreciated!

Here is a screen capture with the bullets colored a blueish tinge:
    colorBullet.png
    edited November 2011
    I just made a lot of changes to the fonts and font definitions used in the skin.
    Because they are now more or less the same as the original reFocus skin, it will be easier to make changes in the future.

Because of these changes, some views may look weird (because of missing fonts or fonts are too big or too small)

If you see some weird things, please let me know!

Thanks!
  • duyvan82duyvan82 Posts: 109Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    for some reasons, i can't get the unwatched flags to show up at all, I've got the option checked in settings but still no flag in either movies or tv shows.. any ideas?
    Duy wrote:

for some reasons, i can't get the unwatched flags to show up at all, I've got the option checked in settings but still no flag in either movies or tv shows.. any ideas?

What view are you using? (for instance list, big list, slide)
    Did you check all the "unwatched icon: show for ..." ?
    What system are you on (OSX, Windows, Linux)

Please update the skin, because lots of things are changing all the time.
  • luchidluchid Posts: 28Members
    Will it be on Preen soon? Thanks!
    edited November 2011

Will it be on Preen soon? Thanks!

There are still a lot of dialogs I have to change.

When I think it is polished enough, I'll try to get it on Preen.
    Hope that will be soon.

In the meanwhile, it would be great if people will try it out and give me feedback if they find bugs.

Thanks for your interest, hope you like the skin!

EDIT:

Now that I think of it, maybe it is a good idea to get it on Preen, because more people will try it out and give feedback .
    I will send Vicarious a message.
    I'm happy to announce that reFocus for Plex "Black to Blue Edition" is now on Preen!
    edited November 2011
    @sandman4sure: I'm on OSX, just got the skin from Preen so must be the latest version, still no flag (yes I have all the flag options ticked)... I'd like to the unwatched count and the flag like in the screenshot above (Jason Mehring's)

edit: this is with the list view :)
    Do you mean the count which shows how many unwatched episodes there are? (blue bullet with yellow count before each tv show)
    That one is not in this version, but in his own mod.

The green unwatched sign with a '+' should be visible on the cover, if not there is something wrong..
  • Jason MehringJason Mehring Posts: 281Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Duy wrote:

@sandman4sure: I'm on OSX, just got the skin from Preen so must be the latest version, still no flag (yes I have all the flag options ticked)... I'd like to the unwatched count and the flag like in the screenshot above (Jason Mehring's)

edit: this is with the list view :)

I can post a link to my mod if you want. I keep my mod up to date by merging the master branch of sandman4sure so it contains all his latest changes to date.
  • luchidluchid Posts: 28Members

I'm happy to announce that reFocus for Plex "Black to Blue Edition" is now on Preen!

Thanks!! looking good! Don't have any fanart slideshow in the main menu though.

This is based on the latest refocus from XBMC, right?

Thanks again!

Thanks!! looking good! Don't have any fanart slideshow in the main menu though.

This is based on the latest refocus from XBMC, right?

Thanks again!

Yeah, I try to make it look like reFocus from XBMC as much as possible, but underneath is also reFocus Grainy Edition from se.bastian.

You can turn on Fanart slideshow in the main menu.
    With the second option enabled you can specify your own folder with images to use for the fan art slideshow

settings_slideshow.jpg
  • martzukmartzuk Posts: 514Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I've noticed that you don't have a 'Global' icon for the Canadian TV station, do you have a psd template with layer styles so I could create a logo for Global?
    marty wrote:

I've noticed that you don't have a 'Global' icon for the Canadian TV station, do you have a psd template with layer styles so I could create a logo for Global?

Can you update and see if it is there?
    I have added a Global.png in media/flags/tvshows
    that was super quick, awesome! one thing I've noticed is that when using the iPhone app as a remote, if you open the menu, the back button doesn't work and you're stuck on the menu until you use the keyboard. Not sure if this is a skin thing or a Laika general issue?
  • vojnikvojnik Posts: 59Members Plex Pass
    marty wrote:

that was super quick, awesome! one thing I've noticed is that when using the iPhone app as a remote, if you open the menu, the back button doesn't work and you're stuck on the menu until you use the keyboard. Not sure if this is a skin thing or a Laika general issue?

I think this is a Laika issue, i have same problem on all skins
    vojnik wrote:

I think this is a Laika issue, i have same problem on all skins

ah, I shall post it in the bug section
    @Jason: I would love to have a copy of your mod :) Do you have a github as well?
  • plexborgplexborg Posts: 9Members ✭✭
    Just spotted this in Preen and installed, sandman, huge props, it looks fantastic! Was actually quite different from what I was expecting having run Grainy previously, but I frankly like it better. Having the fanart front and center on the main display looks awesome.