Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

reFocus for Plex "Back to Blue" Edition

Comments

• duyvan82duyvan82 Posts: 109Members ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    @sandman4sure: Ive just updated to the latest version through Preen and fanart slideshow no longer works in the home screen. All I see is the default Refocus background (black/blue bg..). This is on OSX.

mil2cz.png
  • sandman4suresandman4sure Posts: 792Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited November 2011
    What are your settings for slideshow in settings (home screen)?
    Did you turn on "turn off slideshows on home screen" ?
    Or did you put an empty folder for "set your own slideshow"?

Fixed, see answer below
  • vojnikvojnik Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    love how this skin looks, one feature obviously missing is displaying anything when playing music
    Duy wrote:

@sandman4sure: Ive just updated to the latest version through Preen and fanart slideshow no longer works in the home screen. All I see is the default Refocus background (black/blue bg..). This is on OSX.

Can you please update, I made some changes.

Turn on "enable global slideshow" in the settings (same place where you choose the skin)

If you put a folder at "set your own slideshow.." reFocus will display that one, otherwise the default slideshow controlled by Laika is shown

vojnik wrote:

love how this skin looks, one feature obviously missing is displaying anything when playing music

Yeah, those I still have to look at...
    When I'm ready with the movie and tv show screens, I will take a look at the music screens.

Thanks for trying out the skin!
  • marklightmarklight Posts: 1,009Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2011
    I really like this skin. Great work!

EDIT: I just updated and you already fixed my request haha.

-My PMS fanart for my movies section works for all of the subcategories except for unwatched where I get the default refocus background (I think that's what it is... looks like a film reel).

Also, do you have any plans to display on an on deck/recently added popup for the main menu? Maybe make it optional?
    marklight wrote:

I really like this skin. Great work!

EDIT: I just updated and you already fixed my request haha.

-My PMS fanart for my movies section works for all of the subcategories except for unwatched where I get the default refocus background (I think that's what it is... looks like a film reel).

Also, do you have any plans to display on an on deck/recently added popup for the main menu? Maybe make it optional?

Hello,

Glad you like the skin! Good to hear.

I don't really understand your question about the unwatched. Do you have a screenshot to make it more clear?
    About on deck: yeah, when I'm ready with all the views, I will take a look at the Plex specific features, like on deck and the search
  • luchidluchid Posts: 28Members

Yeah, those I still have to look at...
    When I'm ready with the movie and tv show screens, I will take a look at the music screens.

Thanks for trying out the skin!

That's good to hear! You just solved my home screen fan art slideshow issue too :)

A personal request for the Music Now Playing screen -if you don't mind- would be to have background visualization (like ProjectM) with CD Art (with the spinning disc, even) and track info always-on.. Kind of like how Aeon does it, but with the refocus touch (soft blue gradient?).

Something like:

screenshot.80.png

Thanks!
  • marklightmarklight Posts: 1,009Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello,

Glad you like the skin! Good to hear.

I don't really understand your question about the unwatched. Do you have a screenshot to make it more clear?
    About on deck: yeah, when I'm ready with all the views, I will take a look at the Plex specific features, like on deck and the search

I just restarted Plex to grab a screen and now it's fixed, so nevermind haha.

- Can you change plug-ins to Channels so it's more in line with the mobile clients?
    marklight wrote:

- Can you change plug-ins to Channels so it's more in line with the mobile clients?

done
    edited November 2011

A personal request for the Music Now Playing screen -if you don't mind- would be to have background visualization (like ProjectM) with CD Art (with the spinning disc, even) and track info always-on.. Kind of like how Aeon does it, but with the refocus touch (soft blue gradient?).

I still have to change the music screens.
    They will be the same like the original reFocus skin for XBMC, but I haven't checked yet what they look like.
    @sandman4sure: thanks mate, whatever you do did the trick :)
    loving this skin!!!

one thing though, when you actually implement new Laika stuff (on deck and recently added), please give us the option to disable them, I wanna keep my home screen as minimal as possible (and am sure am not the only one ;) )
    edited November 2011
    Duy wrote:

one thing though, when you actually implement new Laika stuff (on deck and recently added), please give us the option to disable them, I wanna keep my home screen as minimal as possible (and am sure am not the only one ;) )

Yeah, I will make it an option (because I love my home screen slideshow! :) )
  • marC31marC31 Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    sandman4sure,

I must compliment you on this clean piece of slick and clutter free skinning. Impressive, it 's my favourite by far.
    And so I 'm directing my request of restoring Unicode support to you. None of the other skins presently do, default MediaStream most notably while it previously did. Right now my films collection screen looks like this:
    [attachment=8742:films collections.png]

This is what the missing fonts should look like:
    [attachment=8743:films collections 2.png]

I 'd also like to see (an option for) director and cast in films slide view, instead of needing to press 'i' first, then '->' since the focus is on 'play', and finally 'enter'. That wouldn't add to clutter, or would it?

cheers,
    Hello,

Thanks for the compliments and I'm glad you like the skin!

Unicode will be difficult, but I think the original reFocus has more than 1 font sets defined (maybe one of them is Unicode). I will have a look at it but can't promise it will be soon. It's on my TODO.

About the extra info in the slide view, I don't think that will happen soon (idea is to have as little info as possible there) but I can make a mod for you or point you in the right direction where you can add that yourself if you want.

marC31 wrote:

sandman4sure,

I must compliment you on this clean piece of slick and clutter free skinning. Impressive, it 's my favourite by far.
    And so I 'm directing my request of restoring Unicode support to you. None of the other skins presently do, default MediaStream most notably while it previously did. Right now my films collection screen looks like this:
    [attachment=8742:films collections.png]

This is what the missing fonts should look like:
    [attachment=8743:films collections 2.png]

I 'd also like to see (an option for) director and cast in films slide view, instead of needing to press 'i' first, then '->' since the focus is on 'play', and finally 'enter'. That wouldn't add to clutter, or would it?

cheers,
  • SoulSoul Posts: 274Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2011
    reFocus used to be my favourite pre-Laika so great to see this available!

If you're adding on-deck etc perhaps make it slide out by pressing 'right' on an appropriate section? That way we get to keep the minimal look as well :)
    Soul wrote:

reFocus used to be my favourite pre-Laika so great to see this available!

If you're adding on-deck etc perhaps make it slide out by pressing 'right' on an appropriate section? That way we get to keep the minimal look as well :)

Yes, that looks like the best solution. I was already working on it, just need a good idea for the layout.
    @sandman4sure: I just noticed something very odd with this skin. When my home screen is first loaded (after Plex launch or after coming back from another screen) the default reFocus background is shown instead of my fan art. The slideshow only starts after I press up or down. I'm not sure why it's doing this but this only happens with reFocus, it works fine with other skin... Could you take a look into this?

edited November 2011
    Duy wrote:

@sandman4sure: I just noticed something very odd with this skin. When my home screen is first loaded (after Plex launch or after coming back from another screen) the default reFocus background is shown instead of my fan art. The slideshow only starts after I press up or down. I'm not sure why it's doing this but this only happens with reFocus, it works fine with other skin... Could you take a look into this?

Did you have enabled global slideshow and have not set your own slideshow folder?
    What is your first entry in the menu (the one that gets selected when the menu is loaded)?

The global slideshow will show fan art of the menu entry you have selected I believe. This is something controlled by Plex.
    Maybe your first entry does not have any fanart to show?
    I certainly have fan art enabled. All my entries have fan art, all movies in the first entry have fan arts (if i re-select the first entry, fan arts will show, but not the very first time when the home screen is loaded...). Some of the tv shows in my 3rd entry don't have fan arts though, but as I said, I have not experienced this with any other skins. Is there anyway we can force Plex to automatically select the first entry?