Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

reFocus for Plex "Back to Blue" Edition

Comments

• martzukmartzuk Posts: 513Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I take all the logo's from the original reFocus and so I don't have a template to make it from .svg

I think on the XBMC forum there are some threads about the logo's. Maybe they have already posted a new one there?

requested

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=950837#post950837
  • vojnikvojnik Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    i would like to point out once again how much i love the simplistic design of this skin, as well as big readable letters which fit the TV environment
    would like to ask if two things are possible:
    - Is it possible to control the blue gradient transparency inside the library sections to have a bit more of the fan art showing?
    - Can we have a bigger clock or have option to have bigger clock?

Thanks in advance :)
  • sandman4suresandman4sure Posts: 792Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    vojnik wrote:

i would like to point out once again how much i love the simplistic design of this skin, as well as big readable letters which fit the TV environment
    would like to ask if two things are possible:
    - Is it possible to control the blue gradient transparency inside the library sections to have a bit more of the fan art showing?
    - Can we have a bigger clock or have option to have bigger clock?

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for using the skin!

For now there is no setting for the gradient.
    I can maybe add that in the future, or you have to change something in the skin if you want it now.

For the clock: I'm just porting the original version from XBMC, so for now I'n not going to change some things.
    If the port is ready then maybe I can make some extra settings, like the size of the clock.

I just added the Plex Search screen.

Next I'm going to work on the onDeck and stuff like that, but it will take some time.

Have fun with the Search!
  • marklightmarklight Posts: 1,009Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    man, you do nice work!
  • cpat407cpat407 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hey, first i wanna say: Great skin, it my absolute favorite!

Just have a little Bug/Feature Request:
    I use Shared Server, so a friend can stream videos off my library. But when choosing "Shared Content" in the main menu, I just get a black screen. I tried Mediastream and Quicksilver and both work, so i´m guessing its an refocus issue.

If it doesn't causes too much trouble a fix would be much appreciated. If you need further information, i´l be happy to provide it.

Again, I wanna say how much I like refocus and also its great that you update it so frequently, I daily look for the changelog on github and use it on my macbook and HTPC.

greets
  • GSXGSX Posts: 133Members ✭✭

You mean show all the fanart pictures for the movies you have when you select the movie entry in the main menu?
    That already is working if you don't supply your own folder but use the default Plex slideshow

I tried, but I can only select one folder for fanart in reFocus.

I want to have different folders for each section. My sections are:

Anime
    Documentaries
    Movies
    TV Shows

In Aeon I can select a different fanart folder for each section. As far as I can tell it is only possible to select one folder for the main menu in reFocus.
    GSX wrote:

I tried, but I can only select one folder for fanart in reFocus.

I want to have different folders for each section. My sections are:

Anime
    Documentaries
    Movies
    TV Shows

In Aeon I can select a different fanart folder for each section. As far as I can tell it is only possible to select one folder for the main menu in reFocus.

Yes, for the moment you can only select one folder for fanart, which is used for all sections.
    Maybe I will change that in the future.

cpat407 wrote:

Hey, first i wanna say: Great skin, it my absolute favorite!

Just have a little Bug/Feature Request:
    I use Shared Server, so a friend can stream videos off my library. But when choosing "Shared Content" in the main menu, I just get a black screen. I tried Mediastream and Quicksilver and both work, so i´m guessing its an refocus issue.

If it doesn't causes too much trouble a fix would be much appreciated. If you need further information, i´l be happy to provide it.

Again, I wanna say how much I like refocus and also its great that you update it so frequently, I daily look for the changelog on github and use it on my macbook and HTPC.

greets

I will take a look at it later, have never used the Shared Content before.
    Added to the TODO

New: OnDeck and Recently Added on homescreen (Recently Used and Queue will be added later)

You can choose to show the new lists immediately or using the right arrow (see settings: homescreen)

refocus_13.jpg
  • GSXGSX Posts: 133Members ✭✭

Yes, for the moment you can only select one folder for fanart, which is used for all sections.
    Maybe I will change that in the future.

Thanks for the reply. Please consider to add this in a future update.

Keep up the good work!
  • maaniacmaaniac Posts: 190Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

New: OnDeck and Recently Added on homescreen (Recently Used and Queue will be added later)

You can choose to show the new lists immediately or using the right arrow (see settings: homescreen)

refocus_13.jpg

Has the new update been pushed to preen?
    maaniac wrote:

Has the new update been pushed to preen?

Yes, it's on Preen.
  • marklightmarklight Posts: 1,009Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2011
    [attachment=8846:Screen Shot 2011-12-04 at 11.03.47 AM.jpg]

man you work fast! thanks!
    One bug - My last item in the main menu gets cut off and I can't see it when selecting it. It's kind of hard to see in the screenshot, but I'm actually selecting an item below TV Shows (another TV shows - I have another server that has duplicate items).
    marklight wrote:

One bug - My last item in the main menu gets cut off and I can't see it when selecting it. It's kind of hard to see in the screenshot, but I'm actually selecting an item below TV Shows (another TV shows - I have another server that has duplicate items).

Yes, there is a bug with the menu if you have too many items.
    I will look at it soon (added it to the TODO)

• SoulSoul Posts: 274Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    New homescreen stuff is fantastic! Very nicely done :)
    marklight wrote:

Temporary fix for now, please download latest version.
    I'll try to think of a more elegant solution later.
  • martzukmartzuk Posts: 513Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    marty wrote:

Whilst waiting for the new logo to get made on the xbmc I did some digging and am scratching my head

the logo for Channel 4 displayed on plex is completely different to the one contained in the skin folder, theres a couple for channel 4 and all look the same

is there a reason it's not showing the same logo as in the folder?
    Added Queue to homescreen.
    Please report bugs, I hardly use the queue for anything else than Apple Movie Trailers, so it may look weird.
    marty wrote:

Whilst waiting for the new logo to get made on the xbmc I did some digging and am scratching my head

the logo for Channel 4 displayed on plex is completely different to the one contained in the skin folder, theres a couple for channel 4 and all look the same

is there a reason it's not showing the same logo as in the folder?

It's a tv show
    The logo is in flags/tvshows instead of flags/studios

Hope that helps!