If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

reFocus for Plex "Back to Blue" Edition

Comments

• Jason MehringJason Mehring Posts: 281Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    NicF wrote:

Hi,

Yes, I am having this precise problem. No slide show until I move the cursor. So, even though Refocus for Laika opens (for met at least) on my "movies" library, I get no slide show. If I then move the cursor to TV Shows the slide show starts, and if I move back to Movies I get Movies slide show art (as it should).

However, I can also confirm that this is an issue with ALL my skins. So, this suggests that it is not directly a Refocus problem, but a problem with my setup of Plex (although I have really played with all the settings and can't find anything to indicate a problem).

It was actually your comment earlier, sandman4sure, when you said that in MediaStream, which opens by default on Search, your slide show starts. But mine doesn't… and starts only once I move the cursor to a PMS library.

So, while not your problem, if you, or anyone else comes across the solution I (and your other correspondent) would be really appreciative. I will post, later, in a general forum about this.

Nic.

sandman4sure,

I have a fix for you for this problem. It took me a few hours to find a solution for my skin mod and I thought I would share since its not an obvious fix; lots of trial and error. Once applies the slide show will begin as expected when the Plex loads without the user needing to down arrow or anything. I have already tried the fix on your latest skin code.

In Includes.xml, within the 'homeMenusLayout' include, add the following code, right after your <focusedlayout...> opening tag (line 353):

&lt;control type="button"&gt;
    	&lt;width&gt;640&lt;/width&gt;
    	&lt;onfocus&gt;Play&lt;/onfocus&gt;
    &lt;/control&gt;

So, the section will now look like:

&#60;&#33;-- HOMESCREEN INCLUDES --&#62;
    	&lt;include name="homeMenusLayout"&gt;
    		&lt;itemlayout width="640" height="52"&gt;
    			&lt;control type="label"&gt;
    				&lt;posx&gt;20&lt;/posx&gt;
    				&lt;posy&gt;70&lt;/posy&gt;
    				&lt;height&gt;50&lt;/height&gt;
    				&lt;font&gt;homeMenu&lt;/font&gt;
    				&lt;align&gt;left&lt;/align&gt;
    				&lt;label&gt;&#036;INFO[ListItem.Label]&lt;/label&gt;
    				&lt;textcolor&gt;Color0&lt;/textcolor&gt;
    			&lt;/control&gt;
    		&lt;/itemlayout&gt;
    		&lt;focusedlayout width="640" height="52"&gt;
    			&#60;&#33;-- normal focus background --&#62;
    			&lt;/control&gt;
    			&lt;control type="image"&gt;
    				&lt;posy&gt;0&lt;/posy&gt;
    				&lt;width&gt;375&lt;/width&gt;
    				&lt;height&gt;200&lt;/height&gt;
    				&lt;aspectratio align="left"&gt;stretch&lt;/aspectratio&gt;
    				&lt;texture border="1"&gt;home/menuSelect.png&lt;/texture&gt;
    				&lt;include&gt;home_ListScroll&lt;/include&gt;
    				&lt;animation effect="fade" start="100" end="50" time="350" condition="System.IdleTime(5)"&gt;Conditional&lt;/animation&gt;
    			&lt;/control&gt;

Thats it!

Enjoy!

Jason
  • oa-5599oa-5599 Posts: 184Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2011

sandman4sure,

I have a fix for you for this problem.

This works, good job!
    Mac Mini 2,53 Ghz | Panasonic TX-P42G30
  • sandman4suresandman4sure Posts: 792Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I have a fix for you for this problem.

Thanks for the fix. I have included it and it's on Preen now.

Hope this works for everybody, please let me know! (I tested it a bit and it didn't seem to make much of a difference for me though…)

There is also a bug report on Lighthouse for this problem.

Thanks again!
  • martzukmartzuk Posts: 514Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's a tv show
    The logo is in flags/tvshows instead of flags/studios

Hope that helps!

Ah! Maybe I'll do some more digging!
  • maaniacmaaniac Posts: 190Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the fix. I have included it and it's on Preen now.

Hope this works for everybody, please let me know! (I tested it a bit and it didn't seem to make much of a difference for me though…)

There is also a bug report on Lighthouse for this problem.

Thanks again!

Firstly I wanted to thank you for continuing to update this skin. You have done some pretty nice work so far and can't wait to see what other updates you have in store for us. Secondly, I see that you added a todo list in the second post and I would like to ask if you would put a change log there as well so what we know what exactly you have changed with each update. I constantly update the skin using preen and would love to know what it is that you have changed or added.
    edited December 2011
    maaniac wrote:

Firstly I wanted to thank you for continuing to update this skin. You have done some pretty nice work so far and can't wait to see what other updates you have in store for us. Secondly, I see that you added a todo list in the second post and I would like to ask if you would put a change log there as well so what we know what exactly you have changed with each update. I constantly update the skin using preen and would love to know what it is that you have changed or added.

Thanks for using the skin.I'll think about maintaining a log which will list the big updates.
    Everything I add will also be listed on github:
    Change log
  • marC31marC31 Posts: 62Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    [...] Thanks for the fix. I have included it and it's on Preen now.

Hope this works for everybody, please let me know! (I tested it a bit and it didn't seem to make much of a difference for me though…) [...]

For me it did make a difference. Slide show 's now starting up automatically.

cheers,
    *14 since 1984
  • duyvan82duyvan82 Posts: 109Members ✭✭
    @sandman4sure: the new version definitely fixed the issue for me. Thanks a lot for the quick update :)
  • ShiversShivers Posts: 10Members
    Just want to say that this skin is great it's actually my main skin now, keep up the great work with the updates :)
  • freedom80freedom80 Posts: 82Members ✭✭
    Nice to see this classic skin being updated. Good work sandman! Any plans on including a black background overlay? I know this might be a bit ignorant by the fact you call it back to blue...
  • marC31marC31 Posts: 62Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2011
    marC31 wrote:
    [...] And so I 'm directing my request of restoring Unicode support to you. [...]

[...] Unicode will be difficult, but [...] It's on my TODO. [...]

Cheers :)

marC31 wrote:
    [...] I 'd also like to see (an option for) director and cast in films slide view, instead of needing to press 'i' first, then '->' since the focus is on 'play', and finally 'enter'. [...]

[...] I don't think that will happen soon (idea is to have as little info as possible there) but I can make a mod for you or point you in the right direction where you can add that yourself if you want.

Your kind offer is very much appreciated. Sadly, since I lack in any and all experience, I won't be of much help to you.
    Of course I wholly agree with your clutter-free-approach. That 's what your view options to hide or show extra info succeed in achieving, don't they? I can only hope then, if more fans would request this feature, that you will (find the time to B)) reconsider.
    *14 since 1984

sandman4sure,

&lt;/control&gt;

I found the above messes up Now Playing in my mod (will pause when going back to main menu), so I changed it to this and it works:

&lt;/control&gt;

Jason
  • duyvan82duyvan82 Posts: 109Members ✭✭
    @Jason: Any chance to have a copy of your mod mate?
    Duy wrote:

@Jason: Any chance to have a copy of your mod mate?

I have not updated it since there have been so many changes, so you would lose lots of functionality. Once a final (or close to) release has been made, I will merge my changes into that.

I found the above messes up Now Playing in my mod (will pause when going back to main menu), so I changed it to this and it works:

&lt;/control&gt;

Jason

Two 'Play' in a row? I guess it will pause and then play again?

freedom80 wrote:

Nice to see this classic skin being updated. Good work sandman! Any plans on including a black background overlay? I know this might be a bit ignorant by the fact you call it back to blue...

At the moment choosing different themes does't seem to work with Laika, so I can not make other themes at the moment.
    When they fix it and the mod is close to finished, I can have a look at making a black theme
    marC31 wrote:

Cheers :)

Your kind offer is very much appreciated. Sadly, since I lack in any and all experience, I won't be of much help to you.
    Of course I wholly agree with your clutter-free-approach. That 's what your view options to hide or show extra info succeed in achieving, don't they? I can only hope then, if more fans would request this feature, that you will (find the time to B)) reconsider.

I will keep it in mind and maybe add it as an option later down the road :)

Two 'Play' in a row? I guess it will pause and then play again?

Yes, and it is not noticeable; you can't tell it even paused.

Yes, and it is not noticeable; you can't tell it even paused.

Ok, I have added it. Can you try it out?
    It is also only enabled if you have not set your own slideshow folder, because that one worked before with no problems.

Thanks again!
  • spidispidi Posts: 87Members
    Hi and thanks for this amazing skin....

I have a little question.
    Is it possible to jump back to "onDeck" after watching an episode?

OnDeck is a very nice feature and I use it every day, but when I start a show using onDeck, I watch it and after its finished it doesn't jump back to the right position,
    so I can quickly watch the next episode. I always have to go down to TV Shows again. Is it possible to implement this?

Thanks, spidi