If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexVR fails to start

bartdbartd Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a Pixel XL on 8.1 (beta play services).
Every time I start Plex VR, I see the two Plex banners and then the login. If I enter my info, it crashes while logging in. It I use the Pin method, I can get past the login to 3-dots in the screen and a box above that says this device. Then it crashes. It is just Plex that crashes as I am booted out to the Daydream field.

This is the only app that doesn't work. I have rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache, checked permissions and in every combination and order. It just won't load. It is making me nuts.

• ManuelPGManuelPG Plex Dev Team Posts: 348Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Sorry you're having issues with the app.

I've checked our crash reporting tool and for some reason your crashes don't seem to be showing up there. In the future we want to support sharing device logs manually (just like Plex for Android does) but until then I'm not sure what to suggest, sorry (you seem to have tried everything already).

Not that it will make you feel better or anything but we have tested the app on a Pixel XL ourselves and never experienced this crash. Wonder if it's the beta play services that's causing it? Probably not, but it's the only thing that stands out from your description.