If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How exit plex, using an Asustor as5004t nas

Xavier DeltrieuXavier Deltrieu Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello, Sorry for my poor english. I'm using Plex running on an Asustor as5004t Nas. How can I do for exiting Plex ? I use a remote control (AiRemote) on my smartphone. To exit, the only way is to reboot the nas... Any idea ? Thank you for answers. Bye

Answers

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 994Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can you please explain why you want to exit the server? With a server you shouldn't need to start/stop an app whenever you want to use it... that's why you put it on your NAS or a machine that handles it.

That being said... you can stop the app via Asustor's Command Center in the "App Central" (check out "installed apps", select Plex and stop the service).

• Xavier DeltrieuXavier Deltrieu Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello, Thank you for answering. I don't want to exit the server. I want to exit Plex and go back to the asustor portal.
    I explain : On the tv set, I access to the NAS through Asustor Portal. Several applications are avalaible and I launch Plex to see a movie for exemple. Then, I want to leave Plex and go back to the Asustor Portal Screen. How can I do ? I can't find on the Plex main screen a way to exit. I can sign in, sign out and that's all.
    Even accessing the NAS using Asustor Control Center, I haven't find how to kill Plex process in the activity monitor.
    So the only way to access again the Asustor Portal is to reboot the NAS....
    I hope my explanation in clearer.
    Thank you.

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 994Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I suppose your TV has a "back" or "menu" button?

• Xavier DeltrieuXavier Deltrieu Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The tv remote control as no effect upon the NAS. The Asustor as5004t nas can be use with it's own remote control and that remote control is an Asustor application on a smartphone (AIRemote). So I can drive Plex on the screen with a cursor and clic with right or left buttons or double clic but there's no exit button or exit option in menus on plex...