If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Bug] PlexAmp has no now playing screen using a remote player on macOS

mshickmshick Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I saw a report of this in another forum, but figured it might be good to have here. I'm running macOS 10.13.2, PlexAmp 1.0.2 (same with 1.0.1). PlexAmp works correctly with a local player, but when using my remote Mac mini player it fails to show a now playing screen. Controlling playback (stop / start) and selection screens still work though.

I saw a similar report regarding the Windows client, so it seems to be a cross-platform issue.

Have reinstalled a few times, did a total wipe of ~/Library/Applications Support/Plexamp and preference files as well. No dice.

Tagged:

Comments

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,779Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Just to be clear, which "remote Mac Mini player" are you using? :sweat_smile: Plex Media Player?

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.

• mshickmshick Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 15

@elan Yes, Plex Media Player 2.4.1.787 running on a Mac mini.

Plexamp had the same behavior running the non-Plex Pass PMP line on my media server as well.

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,779Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Thanks for the report!

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.