If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexAmp Win7 playback stutters

r100gsr100gs Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass
edited February 6 in Plex Labs

Hello,

I use plexamp at work on my win7 pc over internet connected to my local pc. Network upload of my internet connection is 667kbit/s
Playing starts fine but after a while playback stutters. If I switch to a new title it starts ok but than stutters again.

Playback from browser is fine all the time on same machine.

Best regards,
Stefan

Edit: seems to be a problem releated to this topic:
https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/300108/plexamp-bandwidth-usage

Tagged:

Answers

• Dale LovingoodDale Lovingood Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm seeing this same issue. I am also using a Windows 7 PC at work. Web client playback never begins stuttering.

• majormojomajormojo Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Experiencing the same issue with plexamp 1.0.2 on MacOS 10.13.3. Seems to be related to buffering, because pausing the track for a few seconds and then playing will usually resolve the issue (for that track).

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,779Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

There's clearly something we're missing, as many of us listen all day, and never experience this issue... we'll keep reading and try to figure out what the common factors are.

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.

• Dale LovingoodDale Lovingood Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I’ve never experienced this problem at home on an iMac (local playback), but it happens 100% of the time at work (remote playback from the same library). For me, it begins stuttering anywhere from 1-3 hours into a continuous, non-paused playback session. Plexamp also seems to disconnect from the playlist until restarted. Sometimes after restart it will pick up the playlist automatically and other times I have to choose a playlist again. Is there a log that might point to what’s happening?

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,779Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

OK, most of the time I'm locally playing back, so that might indicate some of the difference. Definitely check Server.log and Application.log for anything suspicious. Also curious as to whether:

• If you stop and start a new PQ, does that fix?
    • If you kill the mpd process and then start a PQ, does that fix?

Those two questions should help identify the culprit.

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.