Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Embedded Version?

MrTom2MrTom2 Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any chance that we’ll get a new beta build of the x64 embedded version sometime soon? The last build was 2.2 from mid December on nightlies.plex.tv.

Comments

• toxlabtoxlab Posts: 198Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for the embedded, as I committed my Nuc to the embedded version and do not want to buy and install windows to have the latest version updates.

Server: Mac Mini 2.6 gHz dual core (late 2014) running PMS DVR
    Storage: 9 TB of external USB drives backed up weekly with carbon copy cloner.
    Plex Players: NUC 54250 running OpeneLibre and PMP and various ROKU clients

• AlskaerAlskaer Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    • 1 Embedded seems a little forgotten.
  • ac4ltac4lt Posts: 190Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I’d love an x86_64 embedded build that is up to date!

• rolandbirdrolandbird Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 10

Awesome. Happy to try it out and help. Would love to get some of the new client features in the embedded client.

• wesmanwesman Posts: 634Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1, I'd like to see that too

• mayer-servermayer-server Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@LongChair said:
    Embedded will be on par with other builds soon. As markus said, it’s being fine tuned to offer good performance.

Awesome, I can't wait. Will 'on par' include Live TV support (since not all clients have this anyway)?

I hope it includes Live TV. Keen to see an update to the embedded client. With the Windows and Mac already up to v2.5 I'm hoping the embedded version will come out with those features.

Keen to help and test so sing out if you guys need testers. Although I'm sure once it's release into Beta there will be a heaps of people testing.

• jrepettijrepetti Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The embedded version needs to add support for a remote controls Power Off/Toggle for HTPC's

• edrikkedrikk Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jrepetti said:
    The embedded version needs to add support for a remote controls Power Off/Toggle for HTPC's

Exactly. Turning off the TV (i.e. power off) should at least act as a stop.
    Current PMP Embedded on a Samsung J series ignores the power off completely, meaning the show continues to end.
    Not a great user experience, as the User doesn't expect the show to continue play8ing (think Kodi, Netflix, etc, which also "stop" the currently playing content when TV is powered off).

• ToffsToffs Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bumperty Bump - any updates (Plex team?). Have been waiting for this one / Live TV on RPi for a loooooong time.

Keep up the good work

• Matthew HitchensMatthew Hitchens Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I can't see how it's a good idea to withhold betas from the Plex Pass community. We're going to be able to vigorously test and report back issues. We get that performance is always a bit iffy this early on, but please don't wait too long to bring these back to regular releases.

Can we get another update here? The last time was February 13.

• wesmanwesman Posts: 634Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex Embedded is WAYYYYY behind everything else now, fingers crossed it gets an update soon

• MrTom2MrTom2 Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

2.8 came out and still no embedded version. As plexpass subscribers, why can’t we get a beta version at least?

A few of us haven't waited and we have just compiled the community version of Plex Media Player. I'm running 2.8 on a RPi2 now. Happy to share the image.

• songoksongok Posts: 56Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Want to add my voice here also. Please update on progress.

• molnizzlemolnizzle Posts: 58Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 on the update. Patiently waiting.

Side note, but is there a "best value" box that can DirectPlay 4K x265 HVEC content? I'm currently using the old ASUS Chromebox that I paid $150 for. Absolutely flawless performance with DirectPlaying my 1080p x264 content. Was wondering if such a box existed yet for x265.

• LamariosLamarios Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been building the image myself for x84_64. I just set up a cron to build it every day and update my one drive folder:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Am5k0gWuPRCRorNJhcvUGWqKwVU92g

• dsp5500dsp5500 Posts: 172Members ✭✭

Excellent, just installed the image

Intel® NUC Kit NUC6I3SYH
    Xbox One S
    Meridian 861 : Meridian HD621 : Meridian DSP5500 FCR
    Qnap TV-S 471, Qnap TS-871