If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is Vive/Occulous or WMR support coming?

elkifelkif Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have both a Vive Headset (steam)... and a Lenovo Explorer (WMR). Why did PLEX decide to only support Google's daydream with the VR platform? I would think that many of us have "beefy" computers running our plex servers. That would lead to many of us having significant computers/clients that have the availability to use VR. Just Curious... I am not dogging on the Daydream platform, however I have several hundreds of dollars invested in the PC VR platform. I know I am not alone in this question.

FYI... I would have preferred to make this a private question to support, as opposed to a public question that begs the start of a flame war.

I would also ask: How does one send a private message to support?

• jdbowerjdbower Posts: 266Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The FAQ mentions that other platforms are under consideration but don't expect any timelines or platform commitments. Daydream may just be an easier migration from the Android functionality as a start, plus it's a multi-vendor solution - we've all been on the short end of that stick when the initial release is on a platform we don't own.

• ManuelPGManuelPG Plex Dev Team Posts: 348Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Yeah we can't say anything at the moment beyond what's already in the FAQ, sorry.

Regarding reaching the support team directly, I think they prefer users to post on the public forums, even if it leads to a flame war :smile:

• jdbowerjdbower Posts: 266Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The side benefit of public requests is that the Gear VR request turned from one guy wanting a new platform to a bunch of people agreeing they'd like to see it as well as a workaround involving a third party controller.

• crypticedgecrypticedge Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd love to see it on the Vive. Add me down for a +1 for expanding it's platform

• ShoogydooShoogydoo Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is amazing - really excited to see this. I'm really hoping to see it in Vive some day. Love Plex and the whole plex dev team. Amazing work gang. Keep it coming.