If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No playlist found?

I enabled the Alexa skill last weekend and quickly realized that it would be next to impossible to get it to play albums with non-English names since the pronunciation would be next to impossible to get right, or get right the way Alexa thinks it’s pronounced (think of titles in French, Norwegian, Russian, etc...)

So, I figured, I’ll just create playlists!

For some reason, Alexa tells me I have no playlist. I can see the playlist through a web browser and the Plex iPad app, so it does exist.

Has anyone had success getting it to play playlists?

Answers

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 1,375Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

Yeah I've played playlists... The whole Alexa thing is very twonky these days.

American artist AJR it thinks is A Jr. And it can play some international stuff like Cro if I ask it to play C R O

Just keep playing with it and eventually you will find what works best for you.

• vanstinatorvanstinator Plex Voice Control Posts: 794Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Depending on your region things will match better. In the US version of the skill we get to match against a giant Amazon catalog of media titles. In the UK (and the upcoming AU, CA, and IN) skills we have to build those slot values ourselves and the media matching is less robust.

Projects I currently develop or maintain

Classic Forum for Plex - A forum skin that aims to replicate the classic forum experience as best as possible without taking away some of the better things about the new forum.

PlexWink - A Plex Channel that monitors Plex and controls your smart lights based on playback.

UASViewer - A Plex Channel for the Unsupported App Store that lets you browse channels right from Plex.

• metalcrypt666metalcrypt666 Posts: 2Members

@nokdim said:
    Yeah I've played playlists... The whole Alexa thing is very twonky these days.

American artist AJR it thinks is A Jr. And it can play some international stuff like Cro if I ask it to play C R O

Just keep playing with it and eventually you will find what works best for you.

At first I thought it was the name of my playlist it didn’t quite get, so I changed it to something simple (“One”), but it still tells me I have no playlist whatsoever, not just that it can’t find that playlist. Very odd.

• sannesfamilysannesfamily Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I noticed that the Alexa Plex Skill was a bit touchy about what the playlist is named.

For instance, I had a playlist called "Fred One" and Alexa could never find it.

But when I named the playlist "Fred 1" then Alex found it.

That might be why Alexa could not find the simple playlist "One" that the user above referenced.