Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Touch screen does not match resolution

PlexplorerPlexplorer Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Hi there,

I've got 1.8.0 running beautifully on RPI2 using a 5" TFT LCD Touchscreen. All is well, except for the touchscreen system preference located at Preferences > System > Input devices > Enable mouse and Touch Screen support.

(See video) When enabled, my bluetooth mouse trackpad works flawlessly. My touchscreen, however, is limited to and will only respond to the top-left corner of the screen. This gentleman is using what appears to the the Official Raspberry Pi 7" touchscreen and does not replicate my issue. I imagine his setup was entirely plug-and-play.

This device works natively with HDMI (screenshot). Upon first boot (screenshot), the native resolution is incorrect and can be easily fixed (screenshot) by editing /boot/config.txt. The LCD manufacturer offers its own Debian touchscreen drivers involving /etc/xorg.conf and the RPI GPIO pins which, to my understanding, is either excluded from RasPlex or buried in the OS somewhere (/storage/.config, maybe?) Additionally, /etc is readonly in LibreELEC, and I am not confident that uncompressing squashfs and adding my own xorg.conf will work. For reference, touchscreen calibration instructions by the manufacturer say to include these lines in xorg.conf -
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "calibration"
MatchProduct "ADS7846 Touchscreen"
Option "Calibration" "140 3951 261 3998"
Option "SwapAxes" "0"
EndSection

This symptom exists in all three skins - OpenPHT 1.8.0, Aeon Nox 5.4.0, and Plex - Black Edition 17.03.16. At this point, I am convinced there is a simple .conf or similar file to support touchscreen that I need help identifying and editing. The touchscreen very clearly works, just needs proper calibration. IMO, cheap Chinese LCDs + RasPlex + 3D printed case = groundbreaking DIY.

Sincere thanks