If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PR4100 + EX4100

EmilJonesEmilJones Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi All,

I have a EX4100 Plex Media Server which has run out of memory, I have purchased a PR4100, ,and would like to join the two Devices together to appear in Plex as a single Media Server, is this possible?

Thanks,
Emil

Answers

• EmilJonesEmilJones Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The devices are westernal digital network attached storage divices

• adurbeadurbe Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sounds like you just need to share the locations on your EX4100 and mount them on the PR4100. The PR would then act as your single plex server (I suggest this way round due to the hardware transcoding support on that model)

• adurbeadurbe Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sounds like you just need to share the locations on your EX4100 and mount them on the PR4100. In your plex server, add those locations for your various shared media files.

The PR would then act as your single plex server (I suggest this way round due to the hardware transcoding support on that model)

• Dom020876Dom020876 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any ideas on how to do this? I have both of these nas drives and I would love to have this configuration.

• Dom020876Dom020876 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can anyone help with this? Looks like someone on the wd forum here - https://community.wd.com/t/connecting-my-new-pr4100-with-existing-ex4100-to-use-with-plex/218994 has an idea but i have no idea how to implement their instruction.