If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

When V2 avalaible for Embedded platforms ??

vincenvincen Posts: 1,057Members, Plex Pass, Plex Pro Installer Plex Pass

Hi

Using PMP since a long time on an Intel NUC, I'm disappointed to be still stuck on version 1 when I see passing announcement of updates on V2 for Mac/Windows platform !! And now live TV support but still not avalaible on Embedded platform :(
Is there at least a way to get access at V2 on Embedded platform ? or is it one more platform that is already left aside by Plex ?

Thanks

Vincèn

NAS Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (full ZFS) + Latest Plex Pass PMS - Samsung SmartHub TV + PMP on Intel NUC + Android clients + Chromecast Audio PlexPro Installer

Best Answer

Answers

• AchillesAchilles Posts: 2,261Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
  • st_smurfyst_smurfy Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Those builds won't include LiveTV and are highly experimental. The devs are working as fast as they can to release a stable embedded build. Trust me, I can't wait for it to finish myself.

• stedanielsstedaniels Posts: 69Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Unfortunately it looks like nightlies died mid December and no one has bothered to fix them :-(

• vincenvincen Posts: 1,057Members, Plex Pass, Plex Pro Installer Plex Pass

@Achilles said:

Those builds won't include LiveTV and are highly experimental. The devs are working as fast as they can to release a stable embedded build. Trust me, I can't wait for it to finish myself.

Thanks a lot for link ;) I'm not interested by livetv feature but mainly get new interface as I found it nicer and faster ;) Will give a try and hope it won't blow up my NUC ;)

@stedaniels said:
    Unfortunately it looks like nightlies died mid December and no one has bothered to fix them :-(

Probably linked to repository that is dead since similar date !

NAS Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (full ZFS) + Latest Plex Pass PMS - Samsung SmartHub TV + PMP on Intel NUC + Android clients + Chromecast Audio PlexPro Installer

@Achilles said:

Unless they are highly experimental, it works really great on my Intel NUC including CEC control. I discovered also with pleasure that now you can at least install it on a hardrive and not only on a memory card :) It's also lot more reactive than v1 but probably due to fact it's running on SSD now and no more from a memory card !!

Thanks

edited February 10

The playback engine is solid as its mpv. I am speaking more of the UI. There are bugs that have been resolved with the public release of macOS/Windows. Anxious for an embedded build myself.

@Achilles said:
    The playback engine is solid as its mpv. I am speaking more of the UI. There are bugs that have been resolved with the public release of macOS/Windows. Anxious for an embedded build myself.

Well no problem so far after a long evening using it and playing medias regarding the UI :)

• jarrodbjarrodb Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1
    Really looking forward to embedded v2 being released so I can update my two Raspberry PI's.
    It took me a little while to get used to the look and navigation of the new interface but am def a fan now.

• Matthew HitchensMatthew Hitchens Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd really like one of the Plex team to weigh in on the disappearance of embedded builds. The last one was December 14, 2017. What's the plan? I get that you want to produce something stable, but isn't the whole point of PlexPass/early access to get our hands on the new features so that we can test and provide feedback? That's one of the things we're paying for, right?

• marctwomarctwo Posts: 184Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd also like to know when to expect the new Pi version. I have a spanking new 3b+ waiting to go and think the V2 interface is so much nicer!

PLEASE guys, forget VR, please work on a new Pi version!

• johnny15johnny15 Posts: 348Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd like to see an embedded build so I could use an Odroid-C2. The raspberry pis just have never felt smooth/fast enough to me. I haven't tested one of the 3B+ models with anything yet though...

• PrzemoPrzemo Posts: 101Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would love to install new PMP on my RPi3. Still waiting.

Plex server: Synology DS1515+
    Plex clients: old Mac Mini, 2xRpi3, iPad & iPhones, Android phone.

• jarrodbjarrodb Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any update on this plex devs?

• LongChairLongChair Plex Dev Team Posts: 696Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Hi guys, it's in the pipe, we have released test builds (see the link posted above).

Official builds will come but are getting currently tested and polished.
    Thanks for your patience :)

Plex Dev Team

• nigelpbnigelpb Posts: 1,114Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Latest build is v2.9.something https://nightlies.plex.tv/public-test/plexmediaplayer/embedded-testing/2.9.0.847-b1acec41/

What I would like is builds for more target clients besides the Raspberry Pi e.g. the Odroid C2 is 2-10x faster & decodes h.265 in hardware

• ixionixion Posts: 69Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

How stable are the 2.9 embedded builds? Is it better to go to 2.9 or the older 2.1.0?
    If anyone has experience with this, please share!

• Jacob BækJacob Bæk Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i must say that v2.9 is sluggy and clunky on raspberry pi 3... hope to see some performance tweaks to the UI.

• LongChairLongChair Plex Dev Team Posts: 696Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@Jacob Bæk : some performance tuning is actually going on, especially on Hubs loading where it seems a bit long.
    That should improve in future releases.

Plex Dev Team

• Wolf_666Wolf_666 Posts: 477Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

V2.9 working pretty fine in my NUC.

- HTPC Intel NUC5i3RYH (Plex Media Player)
    - Firewall/Router pfSense 2.3.2 (Supermicro A1SRi-2558)
    - AP Netgear R7000 (Stock FW)
    - Switch Cisco SG350-10
    - NAS Synology DS1515+ 5 x 5TB SHR1 (Plex Media Server)
    - NAS Synology DS213+ 2 x 3TB JBOD