If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Synology DS918+ Plex pauses and then playback not possible after 30 minutes into a movie

thedukeo8thedukeo8 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have installed PMS from Synology's package center. I'm running PMS version

This issue has now happened the last 3 days. I have started a movie and after about 30 min it simply stops, then PMS reports there is a problem with playback. I try to restart and it won't pick up where it left off. If I restart from the beginning and fast forward to right before it paused it will stop again at the exact same spot. This is getting very frustrating.

I tried to change the directory where the temp transcoding happened, but that didn't seem to have any effect. Or am I supposed to restart PMS after I make that change?

Logs from today are attached.

Any guidance as to why this is happening and how to resolve would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if any more info is needed.

Best Answer