If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Movies freeze few seconds

TribuMediaTribuMedia Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just install OpenPHT on the same system than the Plex Server (Core I3/Linux Mint) and sometimes when I played movie, the image freezes few seconds (the sound continue goes on).
It could appears many times during the movie playing.

When I check log files, I could find this message: "WARNING: CRenderMessage: WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer", is there a link between my problem and this message?

Have you a solution for this kind of problem?

• GuitarGuy42GuitarGuy42 Posts: 5Members ✭✭

What is your setup (server, network, player device, etc.)? Also, does this happen with every video file?

• TribuMediaTribuMedia Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same system for the server (v1.11) and the player (OpenPHT 1.8) on Linux Mint 18.3 with a core i3 6100 and 8GB.
    It's played locally.

And yes it's seems that it appears for each movie (1080p). It's seems too that CPU usage for OpenPHT is very hight (~ 50-60%)