If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Video freezes but audio keeps playing

dirtycajunricedirtycajunrice Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

2 other people have seen the same issue but posted on the old Apple TV post. This just started happening with the last plex pass update. https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/249450/video-freezes-but-audio-still-plays/p2

Are y’all aware of it?

Comments

• LucetiusLucetius Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here. Started after last update, on both shields we have here. Everything worked perfectly prior to the patch.

Sever is a Synology NAS (DS3617XS). Network is wired.

Problem does not exist with the app on our Samsung TV or web app.

• bl4scottbl4scott Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having the same issue. So far I am only seeing this on my shield and presently testing on my Roku3. Has anyone been able to validate if this is a "server" update or a app update?

• bl4scottbl4scott Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I tired it out on my Roku3 and I did not encounter the same issues as I was having on my shield,

• OasisdaveOasisdave Posts: 3Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Still having this issue as of last night

• steinklatresteinklatre Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I as well have this issue on a MIBOX 3 and NVIDIA shield. I was running on Ubuntu server 16.04 with ZFS media pool. I thought perhaps my setup was flawed or a disk perhaps so did a fresh install and used the official plex docker image and the same issue is present.

• mtappertmtappert Posts: 39Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This appears to be an issue on many clients. I also have this issue on Android Mobile and TV (Shield).

• OasisdaveOasisdave Posts: 3Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm getting ready to dump PLEX for Emby as there doesn't seem to be any urgency to get this fixed. I have had nothing but problems with PLEX especially running it from the Shield.