If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Netgear plex server

ae6dxae6dx Posts: 1Members

If I enable Plex on my Netgear X10 can I only access files on the drive attached to the router? Or can I have it also include folders on my Mac?

Answers

• matterpromatterpro Posts: 64Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm not sure about the X10 as a server specifically, but in general the Plex server can use any drive that is network accessible and ALWAYS has the same network name. I did this for a while with the Shield.

If your mac is always ON and shared drive is always CONNECTED to the network, it's reasonable to assume you can share the drive. Read/write speeds are something to consider, however.

Again, not sure about the X10, so someone else who actually has one should chime in.

| Server - WD PR4100 NAS 32TB | Players - NVIDIA Shield Pro / Xiaomi Mi Box / Chromecast | Tuners - Silicon Dust HDHR Connect |