If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Why is my setup so slow?

SloopDraokSloopDraok Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have 60mbs down, 15-20mbs up, and a vpn on, so 20-30mbs down, 10-15mbs up.

Even with 10-15mbs Up speed, I cannot stream from Xbox One, Firestick, and sometimes Phone. My xbox one is always bugging out, saying it cannot connect to my server, when my phone can. Firestick doesn't work at all. It just restarts plex when I try to play a movie.

So what do I do about my xbox one not working?
I think one error code was chacha3004

Also, how do I fix my firestick?

Best Answer

Answers

• SloopDraokSloopDraok Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It'd be nice if someone responded.

• AmazingRando24AmazingRando24 Posts: 1,068Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Need to know a little more about your setup...

What is PMS running on? Windows 10? NAS Box?
    What parts of your network are wired vs. wireless?
    All of this on your local network, or are you trying to view remote and having issues?

I do know that running PMS through a VPN can get tricky. Lots of stories around here with people not having much luck with it. Have you tried disabling the VPN to see if you get better results?

PMS Server: Intel i7-6700 16gb RAM Dedicated Windows 10 PC
    DVR Lineup: Dual HDHomeRun Extend Tuners
    NAS: Drobo 5n2-15tb / Drobo B800fs 24tb

"It's amazing what replacing one faulty network cable will do for your Plex performance!"

• SloopDraokSloopDraok Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@AmazingRando24 said:
    Need to know a little more about your setup...

What is PMS running on? Windows 10? NAS Box?
    What parts of your network are wired vs. wireless?
    All of this on your local network, or are you trying to view remote and having issues?

I do know that running PMS through a VPN can get tricky. Lots of stories around here with people not having much luck with it. Have you tried disabling the VPN to see if you get better results?

I'm running a private VPN, that has a 1GB port on it. I do believe I see the issue now.
    On VPN I get 50mbs down, 5mbs maximum up.

But I am running my PMS on some 4TB external drives, and that shows no problem.
    I'm on Windows 10 right now, but am debating moving to Ubuntu soon.

Also; Plex is p2p right?