If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Web/Server not loading on Safari

edoenjolandaedoenjolanda Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi all. I have been experiencing some issues lately with the Plex Web/Server. The PMS works fine. I can access it through Chrome and through the PMP, but it is not working in Safari. I only see the Plex logo fullscreen, but thats it. Not even the Plex website is working on Safari, so I can’t even try to access it through there. Everything is up to date and I allready deleted all the cache. Can anybody point me in the right direction here?

Comments

• mandonBlawsermandonBlawser Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 13

I have been having a lot of issues with Safari lately as well. I am running Safari 11.1 on the latest High Sierra public beta (10.13.4). I am able to get further than that though. My library loads ok, and shows/movies begin playback ok, but fail out after about 5-10 seconds, and keep rebuffering.

I thought it may have something to do with this sticky post (https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/288753/howto-play-plex-videos-on-safari-11-taken-from-ismaelrvs-and-bigpeteto-thank-you-both#latest) but that didn't seem to help with this issue.

Chrome works totally fine. I would just love to be able to take advantage of PiPer in Safari in order to watch stuff in the background while I'm working.

Sorry I don't have any real helpful suggestions for fixing it, just wanted to add a voice and see if others have been having problems as well!

• edoenjolandaedoenjolanda Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Do you also have the issue with the Plex website? That seems the weirdest issue of it all.

• SE56SE56 Posts: 1,925Members ✭✭✭✭

Have you tried Developer mode and Empty cache

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

@SE56 said:
    Have you tried Developer mode and Empty cache

Yes I have, but no success.

edited February 14

I am running PMS on an older mac mini with OS X Yosemite. Could that be the issue?

• mandonBlawsermandonBlawser Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@edoenjolanda said:
    Do you also have the issue with the Plex website? That seems the weirdest issue of it all.

I haven't had the weirdness with the Plex website itself that you described. That is super strange and I don't really have any ideas on what would be causing that unfortunately.