If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PMS on Ubuntu maximum dvmt setting

beringerberinger Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi all,

Maybe a noobish question, but I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere with my Google skills.

I am running Plex on a dedicated Intel NUC with a Core i3 CPU and 8G ram and Ubuntu for OS.

With the new hardware acceleration feature for Plex Pass subscription members, should I set the maximum DVMT for the GPU to maximum, which is 512MB in my NUC or leave it to the standard 64M?

Maybe I'm going all wrong here, and the GPU does not have anything to do on a dedicated Linux system, so looking for the right answer right here ;)

Basicly I just want to know if PMS only uses the CPU power or also the GPU power when operating.

Hope someone can end my search!

Cheers,

Marcel

Best Answer

Answers

• beringerberinger Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So, is this a difficult question? I was hoping for an answer already ;)

• Peter_WPeter_W Posts: 2,167Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Better chance here that @ChuckPA sees it.

Server running VMware/NAPP-IT/OmniOS/ZFS
    Lian Li PC-Z70 - Corsair AX760 - Intel E3-1245V3 w Noctua NH-U14S CPU cooler - Supermicro X10SAE - 32GB Kingston ECC RAM - Intel 530 SSD 80GB - LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i (flashed to IT mode) - 8 3TB WD RED in Raid-Z2

Please check the support site first - https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us :: No PM's unless requested ::

• beringerberinger Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks! The answer I was looking for :)