If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

All episodes of old series not recording

dangmugdangmug Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited February 14 in Linux

When I tell plex to record all episodes (new and repeat) of currently airing shows, it will do it just fine, but when I tell it to record all episodes of a series that is no longer making new episodes (only reruns) then it won't record anything. If I click on the series after I tell it to record all episodes then it will say that there are no upcoming airings.

If I record only a single episode instead of the entire series then that one episode records just fine.

I have also discovered that after I successfully record a single episode, I can then go back and tell it to record all episodes and it will work successfully. It's kind of annoying, but at least there is a work around.

Currently I am running media server beta 1.11.2.4772, but this was happening also with the public 1.10.x. I have the server installed on Ubuntu LTS 16.04. I have the HDHomeRun Extend.