Asus esc500 g4 as plex server? (virtualization)
So im thinking about buying myself an asus esc500 g4 to use for plex server. But there is some questions i feel is unanswered that i couldnt find answers for while googling.
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1245V6
GPU: Intel® HD Graphics P630
RAM: 16GB DDR4 SDRAM - ECC
So i thougt id try here.
- anyone know if it can run ESXI?
- are there any downsides on running plex in virtualization? and should i avoid it? (i need the transcoding feature of plex)
- im planning on running teamspeak server, torrent server and plex server on the machine. maybe something more in the future. Is the server "good enough" for that? Or should i just run plex on it?
- for me, asus isnt the first brand i come to think of as "server hardware" so should i avoid it and buy something else? or is it good? if someone could chime in and tell me of his/her experiences of the asus workstation that would be great.
- can it handle 4k transcode? (i bet its a big no, but i thought id ask )
- can it handle hevc (4k) playback (directstream/play)?
- And price, it costs about $1900 (15500 SEK). Could i get anything better for that kind of cash?