If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

My Echo Dot keeps saying "Your Plex server does appear to be online" and "cannot find servers"

I have already linked and unlinked my Echo Dot with the Alexa Skill. I tell Alexa to Open Plex but it only says "Your Plex server does appear to be online" and when I tell it to try another server, it replies, "I could not find any available servers." I have enabled remote access. Can anybody help?

• randy129randy129 Posts: 2Members

This just started for me after the PMS update to

• randy129randy129 Posts: 2Members

I upgraded firmware on the NAS, disabled and then re-enabled the Alexa skill and it's working now.

• g3logicg3logic Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here. It was working yesterday and then for no apparent reason, its just not working today. My Plex server is functioning fine through my LAN, or outside of my LAN via my iPhone. In fact, everything but Alexa can access my media. REALLY disappointed with this feature... especially after watching the video with Scott Olechowski promoting this. Works sometimes and doesn't other times. Have disabled and re-enabled the skill countless times. As a Plex-Pass member, not very happy at all.