If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

raspberry plex server and DVR problem

ANKKA32ANKKA32 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello, I have plex server in raspberry pi 3 (Raspbian) all work fine but DVR install don't find my WinTV-dualHD TV Tuner. How i get it find my tv tuner? Need install something?

Plex server 1.10.1.4602

Answers

• ANKKA32ANKKA32 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 18

Now plex find my Tv tuner but give error "No channels found. Check that your device receives a signal from the antenna or cable cluster and try to scan again."

EDIT:
    I trying install with Hauppauge website according to instructions
    But "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:b-rad/kernel+mediatree+hauppauge" command is for some reason not found

EDIT2: Thanks help... LOL. Finally I got to work "Hauppauge WinTV ‐dualHD TV" in raspberry pi3.

• dj.g00s3dj.g00s3 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

How did you get it to work?

• r2peacockr2peacock Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Remember, when using the instructions from Hauppauge, you may have to downgrade your kernel. They specifically use kernel 4.4.0-xxx. If you do an apt-get update/install, it may/will suck down a new kernel and make a mess of things. You need to exclude your kernel from being updated.

To find out which kernel you are running, use uname -a

$ uname -a
    Linux plex 4.4.0-92201708161632-generic #0+mediatree+hauppauge-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 17 00:28:00 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The above is from an ubuntu install I am running, but discovered this problem when I moved my DVR setup off my main playback server so I could get better OTA TV reception (my main server is a virtual machine running off a pair of hosts in my basement and the reception there sucks).

The current Ubuntu 16.04 LTS kernel is a 4.13.x-xxx version and it will not work. The drivers are not built into that kernel. If you run into this problem, I used a GUI to configure grub, the bootloader, and then selected the appropriate kernel to boot from. If you watch the details scroll by on boot, you cant ell which kernel it is loading.

• uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 898Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja
    edited March 25

@r2peacock said:
    Remember, when using the instructions from Hauppauge, you may have to downgrade your kernel. They specifically use kernel 4.4.0-xxx. If you do an apt-get update/install, it may/will suck down a new kernel and make a mess of things. You need to exclude your kernel from being updated.

Hauppauge does not provide a armhf / ARMv7 kernel (as far as I know). So that's not that easy on an RPi.

@gustavoparker said:
    How did you get it to work?

Please be more specific :-D US or EU version for example. The US version should work out of the box, the EU version requires the firmware. Moreover, only one tuner will work with the stock kernel. I had to build my own kernel that includes the patches from Hauppauge.

Official instructions for Plex Media Server on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : armhf and arm64 Debian Repository
    My PMS hardware: RPi 2, NVIDIA Shield TV, Intel Xeon

• dj.g00s3dj.g00s3 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nvm I figured it out haha. Got both tuners going on Plex :)

• uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 898Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

@dj.g00s3 said:
    Nvm I figured it out haha. Got both tuners going on Plex :)

Please tell us about your fix :) This will help other users with a similar problem.

Official instructions for Plex Media Server on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : armhf and arm64 Debian Repository
    My PMS hardware: RPi 2, NVIDIA Shield TV, Intel Xeon