Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

DLNA Two SSIDs One Subnet

KingDan_98KingDan_98 Posts: 6Members ✭✭

Hi,

I have just purchased an ASUS RT-AC87U AC2400. It supports a set up of multiple SSIDs (unlike my ISPs freebie that I have been using until now). My question is, if I setup two SSIDs but keep them on a single subnet then would I still be able access a Plex Media Server that is only connected via one of the SSIDs?

If the above setup does not work, is there any way I can setup the router so that there are two SSIDs where a PMS can be accessed on both. The reason for this desired setup is because the router can apply time restrictions on one of the SSIDs, for example, so I could put the kids on one and adults on the other - problem is that there is content on the PMS that both kids and adults use.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• KingDan_98KingDan_98 Posts: 6Members ✭✭

Thanks for the quick response. Am I correct in saying though that if I were to set it up on a different subnet then it would not work?

Thanks

• trudgetrudge Posts: 2,275Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@KingDan_98 said:
    Thanks for the quick response. Am I correct in saying though that if I were to set it up on a different subnet then it would not work?

Thanks

multiple subnets can also be made to work.

• KingDan_98KingDan_98 Posts: 6Members ✭✭

You say that they can also be 'made to work'. What sort of changes would need to be done to accomplish this (as it is a more desired setup for me)?

Thanks