If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Server is unavailable

mspace01mspace01 Posts: 2Members

I am using western digital's 'My Cloud Home NAS'. I have enabled plex media service on my NAS, and configured the server on Plex account. It was working fine and I was able to stream my media content from my NAS to all my devices. But once I restated the NAS, plex was unable to find the server, and a message comes: > "The server "XYZ" is unreachable. Make sure it's running, double check your network, and try again." Though my I am able to access my NAS content directly.
To make it work again I have to disable the plex media service on my NAS and re-enable it. After doing so a message appears on the Plex page- > "An insecure media server has been found on your network. Reload app insecurely". Once I reload the page my server is found back, but only for few hours. After that I have to repeat the same step and thus I am stuck in the loop.
Kindly help me out of this, as every time I repeat this process, plex prepares the library from scratch, so I have to wait for another half an hour to use plex before my library is fully updated.