Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Remote Rasplex server with a Plex/Web client

meryonmeryon Posts: 30Members ✭✭

Hi!

I have a Rasplex distribution installed on a Rasberry. I'd like to remote it on my main computer with a Plex Web page.
But Rasplex doesn't appear in the remote icon. It does when I use it on my Android device.
Do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks a lot!

Answers

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 368Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

mmm, stupid question

how are you accessing the server on the raspberry?

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 30,853Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Rasplex is a Plex client, not a server.

Got help? Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • eckartheckarth Posts: 502Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 15

I feel that it unclear what you are actually asking and want to do.

My interpretation is that you got Rasplex/RasPi running. I assume that everything is fine with it, i.e. it connects to your server.

Now you want to remotely control it from your main computer (by chance a Cray? ;-) ) via the plex web app running in a browser.

Is that right?

Are your RasPi and your main computer on the same network subnet. E.g. my laptop and my Pi in the office are not. Hence, one can not discover the other.

I hope I guessed it right.