If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Differences between PlexMediaServer and PlexMediaServer_PlexPass

fcoj.madofcoj.mado Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm a long-time Plex customer and I just get a lifetime Plex Pass.

I'm running the server on a Freenas jail, not a plugin.

My question is simple:
what are the differences, if any, between PlexMediaServer package and PlexMediaServer_PlexPass?

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 1,375Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

You mean this?

• fcoj.madofcoj.mado Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 19

What I mean is that on my windows installation Plex MediaServer upgraded automatically to the latest version available to PlexPass holder. I thought it would have been the same on FreeNAS. Instead it seems that I have to uninstall PlexMediaServer package and install PlexMediaServer_PlexPass to have the latest version for PlexPass holder.

Am I right?

• mickeldaelmansmickeldaelmans Posts: 331Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe only Windows supports the auto-update function. So regardless if you have a Plex Pass or not, you'll have to manually update on a Linux system.

My Plex setup: Synology DS916+ (8GB), RPI3 + Plex for Kodi, Oneplus 3 (Android 7), Chromecast 1st gen & 2nd gen, Samsung UE43KU6500