If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Remote Access Issues - UPnP and Port Forwarded Not Working

j.youngbergj.youngberg Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited February 16 in Windows

Hi guys-

I am having a tough time with remote access availability on my Plex server. I've been using Plex for years and this is the first time I've run into a show stopper like this.

Remote Access isn't working either through the Plex automatic setup or the manual setup via port forwarding. I've gone through the normal troubleshooting steps (enabling/reenabling Remote Access, verifying that I'm not having a double NAT issue, etc). I've tried the latest Plex Pass build and the latest Public Build. When I try to enable Remote Access on the server it goes green for a split second and then goes back to red.

I've attached a couple of screenshots and my Plex Server log file. Thanks!

• MazinEdMazinEd Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same issue since Last Friday night, when Plex was down for maintenance for about 2 hours. Ever since then Remote access has not worked, after so many years of it working flawlessly. I'm pretty sure not everyone is affected, but it's weird to have it glitch out like that all of a sudden. I've also tried port forwarding and firewall exceptions and all that with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated, as I or my family can't access the server remotely from anywhere.

My server is also on Windows 10.

• j.youngbergj.youngberg Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I did use canyouseeme.org to verify that my system isn't reachable at port 32400 even though it's forwarded. Time to double-check the router.

I don't think is a problem with the router or firewall related stuff. It's been working fine forever. There has to be something with the last update, or has there been any new server stuff that was incorporated recently?

• j.youngbergj.youngberg Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I’m still experiencing this issue. I’ve removed all port forwarding settings from my router and verified that UPnP is enabled.

• Eluse9Eluse9 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue - verified the port is open on canyouseeme.org, UPnP is on. It always worked on automatic before, now it doesn't on automatic or via port forwarding.

• grjk62grjk62 Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue. Verified everything, Plex fails to connect.

• nsharma2nsharma2 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Upgraded to Version last night....same issue now as everyone else above. Is it possible to roll-back the update?

• Ajaconis83Ajaconis83 Posts: 4Members ✭✭

My old Dell XPS system finally shot craps so I replaced it with a brand new tower starting completely from scratch but using the same router and setting but no go. Deleted everything and still not working. Went back into the router and checked Upnp and I’ve got limited remote access on mobile devices. Has there been any word on a rollback?

• bryanluffbryanluff Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue. Tried every configuration imaginable to troubleshoot. Remote access broke when I updated, was working fine prior.

• missionspartamissionsparta Posts: 267Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having an issue where all of a sudden my server is listed as "nearby" and not "local" as it has for the past 3 years. Could this be an issue similar to what is happening witrh you guys? The performance has dropped MASSIVELY since this started.