Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Error on opening app

Mike.WMike.W Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've searched and found several references to the problem I'm having, but found either no solution or solution did not work. Movies/shows play fine on my iPhone, TiVO devices and NVIDIA Shield. But on my Win 10 store Plex app i get the error:
The video failed to play. MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED: HRESULT - 0x80072EE4"

This error pops up at app launch, I don't even get to browse my collection. I removed my graphics card and re-installed using the NVIDIA drivers and no change. I have removed the Plex app and re-installed as well. Really wasn't sure what else to do. I did recently receive the Creators Update for Windows 10 so I suspect this might have something to do with it, but not sure what and I don't think I can revert that update. Any help would be appreciated

Answers

• chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 537Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is usually an error relating to having EAC3 as the audio format of the file. Just transcode to AC3 and it should work

• Mike.WMike.W Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

But this happens on opening Plex. I’m not trying to play anything. I can’t even see my library.

The error you are showing clearly talks about a video it cannot play?
    Can you press Esc a couple of times to see whether it jumps out of this?

Nope. Nothing works. Just closing the app

Can you upload the logs? As it doesn't start up for you they should be in

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Packages\CAF9E577.Plex_aam28m9va5cke\LocalState\Logs

We'd probably only need the ones that are txt files - the others are backups from previous starts but as your error occurs every start it would be interesting to see those.

Well. I opened the app and everything works fine now. What the heck?? LOL