Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Small bug on iOS - disconnecting a bluetooth device

alibakiralibakir Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass
edited February 19 in iOS

When I'm out of the shower and turn off my bluetooth speakers while playback is ongoing, I expect playback to continue on the phone with the phone's speakers (preferred) or for playback to pause (usual iPhone experience). However what happens is that the video pauses but the video looks like it is in buffering mode (see screenshot), permanently. Not a big problem, all I have to do is press pause then play but letting you know needs a polish.

Thanks otherwise!

Answers

• sa2000sa2000 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Posts: 31,467 Plex Team Member

Thank you for reporting this. It has been flagged to the development team

I am moving the forum topic to the Plex for iOS forum

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

Please do not send logs by Private Message unless specifically requested to

• sa2000sa2000 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Posts: 31,467 Plex Team Member
    edited March 7

@alibakir I tried to reproduce the problem to get logs for the development team but i was unsuccessful

Each time i switched off the bluetooth device, the playback on the iPhone paused and there was no buffering on the video

My tests were with Plex Media Server version 1.11.3.4803 - the current release and Plex for iOS version 4.25

If you get the symptoms on these or later versions, please could you get the logs zip from the iOS app and the screenshot as before

For logs, select Settings / Help & Support / Debugging / Share Debugging Data / and select Mail to email yourself the zipped log and then attach here with the screenshot showing the issue

Thank you

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

• alibakiralibakir Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass
    edited March 7

Server: Version 1.12.0.4829
    iOS build 12851

It turns out the issue also occurs with headphones. Pulling them out during playback.

I know it's not really buffering, in that it is not trying to download data. And I can play instantly by clicking the Pause then Play.

Non-verbose and verbose logs and screenshot attached.

Thank you - I have referred this to the development team

@alibakir

Feedback from the development team

Playback is expected to be paused when bluetooth speakers/headphones are disconnected (this happens in other apps too), but it shouldn't look like it stalled and needs more buffering

• alibakiralibakir Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

@sa2000 said:
    @alibakir

Playback is expected to be paused when bluetooth speakers/headphones are disconnected (this happens in other apps too), but it shouldn't look like it stalled and needs more buffering

Sorry the message is a little ambiguous. For clarity, does this mean this has been accepted as a bug or are they saying this bug doesn't exist? Thanks!

@alibakir said:

@sa2000 said:
    @alibakir

Sorry the message is a little ambiguous. For clarity, does this mean this has been accepted as a bug or are they saying this bug doesn't exist? Thanks!

The pausing is not a bug
    The bug is that it is showing as buffering - it should just pause