If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Channels are not working (solved)

moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 3,221Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

PMS - 1.11.3.4803
PlexConnect - 0.5-dev-200218
ATV3 Rev. A- 7.2.2

When I try to use channels in PlexConnect none seems to work. I know that channels are sometimes broken, but "Animal Planet" on "cCloud TV" usually works in PlexWeb and iPad. In PlexConnect I can navigate through various screens, but when I select "Animal Planet" to be played it gives message "trailers not available. Try again later"

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0569 + PMS 1.13.1.5063 + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.6

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me

Comments

• XweAponXXweAponX Posts: 78Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 21

I've seen a lot of this when going through channel content. I just tried to play something from the CNET channel and it gave me that. I tried to play the same item from my Plex app and it gave me a failure. The other channels I use are working fine. I use Subzero to grab Subs and that works... I think it's a Plex issue, not a PC issue.

None of CNET works, NME is empty, Freeform spins around and around without ever starting playback. I'll go through the channels when I have time and take note of what's not working.

Eh, comedy Central ain't working either, I can get to the videos, but none of them play. Playback error.

I used to get this all the time on XBMC/Kodi, is the Plex Channel system similar to Kodi Video Plugins?

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 3,221Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited March 2

Fixed in V0.6.

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0569 + PMS 1.13.1.5063 + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.6

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me