If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Feature Request

cbaksacbaksa Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not sure if this is the correct forum but I figured I'd ask.
I find that plex does not add media to the library immediately even if it is setup to watch the directory folders.
I had to set up a twice daily scan to catch new media but that does not help me when all I have is my phone and I'v just added media buy an automated process.
In these situations I have to find a PC and log in to force a library scan. If I'm not at home.. that poses a problem.

I'd like to request that the android and IOS apps be given the ability to force a scan on a selected library when logged on with an account that has those privileges. The same as you can do when logged on with a web browser. It would save me a ton of time.

• Th3BurgTh3Burg Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex has an option to monitor the media folders and if there are any changes detected, it automatically does a scan.
    The option for that is Settings>Server>Library. The specific option I'm talking about are the top two, "Update my library automatically" and "Run a partial scan when changes are detected". I have the partial selected, and rarely need to wait more than 5 minutes for media to be added by my server.

• cbaksacbaksa Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes... I have this set. It worked for a while (a few months ago,) and now it does not. My files are on a NAS and the Plex server is running on a Virtual Machine.

Having the option to re-scan from my phone would help me immensly.