If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

WD Mycloud, Macbook Pro and Plex Channel on Roku Ultra

rroscoe@roscoeent.comrroscoe@roscoeent.com Posts: 1Members

I am hoping someone can provide some hints, suggestions and guidance for me? Up until last week, I had been using an Amazon Firestick to play my movies that were loaded on my WD Mycloud. I was using the Archos Video Player. I switched to Roku Ultra because the Firestick was having issues playing 1080p files. With the Roku, currently I am using the Roku Media Player, which works fine but the UI is horrid. Plex looks like it will solve that problem, but I am having issues getting it set up.
Here is the equipment I am using:
Macbook Pro
WD MyCloud 4tb (plex server cannot be loaded on it)
Roku Ultra
I am not sure how to get the plex server to point to the WD Mycloud so it can see the movies?
Any help is greatly appreciated.