If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Timeout - Change Request

mrgclarkmrgclark Posts: 1Members

Some of my library content is on an external hard drive, and this drive takes a few seconds to spin up and respond if it hasn't been used for a while. The Plex web app, and the Plex app on my Android TV seem to handle this OK, they just wait a few seconds and then the video plays. Plex VR behaves differently. On the first appempt to play a file, it waits a few seconds (but not quite long enough it seems) and then flashes up a timeout message. trying again straight after that works fine, because the drive has woken up. I can work around it by trying twice, but it's a pain. Could you please increase the timeout on the Plex VR apps?