Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Latest update full of bugs

amason85amason85 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

Videos take a while to load, pause and playback issues with video jumping to the next episode in the season, video gets jumpy force you to stop and play again. I've uninstalled all updates and the video playback were gone but DVR feature was gone. Was forced to install the updates again which resulted in the video playback issues.

Comments

  • Zman2k16Zman2k16 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 37 Plex Pass

    I had some of the same issues on the latest update. A restart of the Shield seems to have fixed my problems.

  • amason85amason85 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

    I've done that and it didn't fix the issues.

  • cloudstriker83cloudstriker83 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 40 Plex Pass

    Same here … it’s not running as smooth as before. I have a suspician that it may be connected to the ExoPlayer v2 https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/307505/what-is-exoplayer-v2

  • SmokindogSmokindog Members, Plex Pass Posts: 163 Plex Pass

    I have playback issues on my ROKU Ultra (4660RW). I'll call it "choppy frames" ala silent movie era!!!! Playback is fine like live TV on the PS3, video is fine using the Vizio app as well. Unfortunately Vizio hasn't updated the client on this TV in a long time and it has the "closed caption always on" bug that Plex supposedly fixed for Vizio.

  • TraceVenturaTraceVentura Members, Plex Pass Posts: 14 Plex Pass

    For me I have "disconnects" while watching movies via Shield, Movie just stops while watching and is going back to the Moviescreen where i can click on "play" and contiune wachting / restart - watch trailer and so one....

    Within a 1:30h Movie this could happens 1-4 times, which really sucks. "Direct Play, exov2 player" no transcoding.

  • amason85amason85 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

    The latest update to the shield app seemed to fix my issues. Did you guys check to see if you are running the latest version?

  • smallwormssmallworms Members, Plex Pass Posts: 23 Plex Pass
    edited March 13

    Last update is a **** !!!! (6.14.1) on Android Samsung Galaxy S6 The app could not able to play anything ! The playback just stuck and freeze.

    Same thing on my Sony xperia 2 tablet. The app on android is broke since you realease the Exoplayer V2 !!! Come on ! fix this !

  • Elijah_BaleyElijah_Baley Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,059 Plex Pass

    Everyone (mostly) knows that I have issues with the way Plex responds to customers but there is so little real info about what is happening and no logs in this thread I cannot blame Plex for ignoring it.

    If you want help you must supply info about exactly what is happening and details about your setup and what needs to be done to reproduce the problem and a full set of logs.

    Without details it is a very low probability that anyone can be much help or even put the desired fixes in a future release.

    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.” Philip K. Dic*k (This STUPID forum software does not allow a perfectly valid last name, hence the unusual looking formating)

    From a High School paper on Greek Philosophers:
    "Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who went around giving people advice. They killed him. Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock."

  • amason85amason85 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

    @smallworms said:
    Last update is a **** !!!! (6.14.1) on Android Samsung Galaxy S6 The app could not able to play anything ! The playback just stuck and freeze.

    Same thing on my Sony xperia 2 tablet. The app on android is broke since you realease the Exoplayer V2 !!! Come on ! fix this !

    On your Android, try uninstalling and reinstalling it. That fixed my issue on my S8.

  • amason85amason85 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

    @Elijah_Baley said:
    Everyone (mostly) knows that I have issues with the way Plex responds to customers but there is so little real info about what is happening and no logs in this thread I cannot blame Plex for ignoring it.

    If you want help you must supply info about exactly what is happening and details about your setup and what needs to be done to reproduce the problem and a full set of logs.

    Without details it is a very low probability that anyone can be much help or even put the desired fixes in a future release.

    I get what you are saying. I've done that in the past, have got a response from a user saying they are looking over the logs and then nothing. If you pay for something, you should at least get email support!! They also need to better debug their updates. They break what seems more things than they fix/add. They should also give the option to uninstall specific updates to their apps. That would solve some problems.

  • Elijah_BaleyElijah_Baley Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,059 Plex Pass

    Paying for a Plex Pass does not provide you with any additional support. Plex never said that it would.

    All a Plex Pass does is open a few extra "features" and provide access to a few apps for no additional charge, allow you to be ignored in "special" forums and give you the right to be a beta tester for Plex, if you desire.

    And no matter what, details and logs are still needed. Otherwise Plex will not know where to look for the problem.

    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.” Philip K. Dic*k (This STUPID forum software does not allow a perfectly valid last name, hence the unusual looking formating)

    From a High School paper on Greek Philosophers:
    "Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who went around giving people advice. They killed him. Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock."

  • amason85amason85 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

    @Elijah_Baley said:
    Paying for a Plex Pass does not provide you with any additional support. Plex never said that it would.

    All a Plex Pass does is open a few extra "features" and provide access to a few apps for no additional charge, allow you to be ignored in "special" forums and give you the right to be a beta tester for Plex, if you desire.

    And no matter what, details and logs are still needed. Otherwise Plex will not know where to look for the problem.

    True, thanks for your important. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

  • smallwormssmallworms Members, Plex Pass Posts: 23 Plex Pass
    edited March 14

    I paid 1 month for emby server ! And I think I will change for this ! :neutral:

  • smallwormssmallworms Members, Plex Pass Posts: 23 Plex Pass

    @amason85 said:

    @smallworms said:
    Last update is a **** !!!! (6.14.1) on Android Samsung Galaxy S6 The app could not able to play anything ! The playback just stuck and freeze.

    Same thing on my Sony xperia 2 tablet. The app on android is broke since you realease the Exoplayer V2 !!! Come on ! fix this !

    On your Android, try uninstalling and reinstalling it. That fixed my issue on my S8.

    I already try this and did'int work ! :neutral:

Sign In or Register to comment.