If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Audio output auto switch stopped working.

I have been searching for an answer to this question with no luck. When I switch between Dolby digital and DTS sourround, my tv reverts to pcm. I have read that this is a common issues, however it used to work. Over the summer I would repeatedly switch back and forth with no issue. I have not used the tv app in a while because I was using the pc version which supports Dolby atmos. Was there a tv firmware, or Plex update that disabled the feature. I know how to switch it manually through the tv menu, but the auto feature was confident. Checked all settings. Plex audio mode set to auto. Although changing this setting to allow only pcm,dts or dd have no effect. It always sends the native format of the file to my receiver. Update all software on tv. Even did a factory reset of tv with no luck. Am I missing something???

Tv Samsung un60ju7090. Latest firmware and Plex app. Surround sound denon avr-x6300h. Firmware up to date.

Best Answer

• ABrucksABrucks Posts: 2Members

Thanks for the info