If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Chromecast streaming issue with volume

gecktopolis@gmail.comgecktopolis@gmail.com Posts: 4Members ✭✭
edited February 28 in Google Chromecast

Hi guys,
Currently streaming from a remote server, when streaming for example a 1080p file that has a supported video and audio codec, it would choose to transcode at 720p, and the volume would be acceptable. However when I then choose original quality or any other quality, the sound would take a very noticeable decrease, After turning my TV volume to max, I will still struggle to hear. I have my player set to boost the audio to 'Large' but it doesn't seem to help. I can also reproduce this on a few different televisions using 2 separate chromecasts. So I don't believe the issue could be with my tv or chromecasts. I mainly use the android app to cast to the chromecast to watch, Does anybody have any ideas what I can check or have heard of this issue?