Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

replacement Plex server will not remain available outside my network

geopfarthgeopfarth Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my FreeNAS device to 11.1-U2. I got all of the networking working correctly and the server is up and running inside my house, but when I try to enable remote access I am having issues. What is really weird is that the system connects and everything turns green for 3-5 seconds and then goes back to unavailable. Has Plex started to limit the number of devices that are remotely enabled? My plan was to spin up a new IOCAGE jail and migrate to that server.

I have tried both port translation and direct connection using 32400. neither seems to work.

Tagged:

Answers

• nokdimnokdim Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Posts: 1,375 Plex Ninja

There is no limiting on Plex so you can have multiple servers online at once.

Can you check on canyouseeme.org for your port forward?

• geopfarthgeopfarth Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I checked and they can see the port. I have tried multiple port numbers and I still have my older Plex server up and remotely accessible. When I try to set a port number for the new server and make it available, the connection turns green and says that the server is available remotely for about 3-5 seconds and then reverts to unavailable.

• nokdimnokdim Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Posts: 1,375 Plex Ninja

So if that shows success lets try this...

Disable remote access, restart Plex, let it be for like 3 minutes after it starts and try to enable remote access again.
    It is annoying how it goes green for a few seconds but that is really just it trying.

• geopfarthgeopfarth Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

So I shut down the server for about 15 minutes and then restarted it. I even changed the external port number. Same basic response, about 5 seconds with the system showing connected and then it drops off again.