If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"Throw" music from Plex Server to Kodi (Plex Addon) using Plex on Android as a remote control

Juergen@gen8Juergen@gen8 Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ladies and gentlemen,

i have the following setup.

All music stored on a server runnig version

As a playback device i put a RasPi on my HiFi-Amplifier running LibreElec (Kodi) version 8.2.3 with PlexAddon 0.1.3 and a HifiBerry DAC+.
No video should be streamed (i use my Amazo Fire Box for this). Only pure music.

My idea was, to use my mobile phone (Android) with Plex Client as a kind of remote control to select music and "throw" it to the RasPi.
So, the RasPi schould be the playback device.

But i'm confused completly.

First: If i power up my RasPi, Plex is not running automatically. I have to start it manually which is not possible as it runs headless without monitor.
Second: Even if i connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse and start Plex manually, i get "play back errors".

So, is this idea possible? Any hints where i have to look at?

Thanks and best regards