Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Remote Playback 100% Non-Functional

RunicenRunicen Members, Plex Pass Posts: 16 Plex Pass

Since updating to the most Plex Music Server version (Version 1.11.3.4803), remote playback has been broken. Not slow or throttled, but any audio file loaded will display track info and artwork and sit. No playback whatsoever.

PMS reports that I'm "Fully Accessible Outside Your Network," but outside of being able to access metadata and the library itself, I'm out of luck.

My primary test device is a Galaxy S8. When connected directly via wifi, everything operates normally. Outside of the wifi area (or with wifi disabled), I consistently get this result.

I checked the Plex Media Server.log file and all I see are repeated lines reading "DEBUG - Thread: Running async task started by thread X" where X is a four digit number. It repeats until I see the line "handleStreamRead code 10054: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host," which is presumably when I get tempted to throw my phone because Plex has hung for five minutes without playback.

Is this something I can fix or do I just have to sit on my hands until the next PMS update? Mostly frustrating because Plex was going strong there for a few months and suddenly ends up broken for more than half of what I use it for.

Best Answer

• RunicenRunicen Members, Plex Pass Posts: 16 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Ok, after reading a few other threads on here, I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Plex app on my Samsung Galaxy S8. This appears to have resolved the issue. Just leaving this as an FYI for anyone else experiencing the problem.

Answers

Just a quick update to this issue.

I've been able to test server access off of my immediate network with an iOS device and it appears to be unaffected. So far, this is limited to Android.

Additionally, synced items play normally. It's audio streaming that fails completely. I'm also able to sync new items without issue.

Accepted Answer

Ok, after reading a few other threads on here, I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Plex app on my Samsung Galaxy S8. This appears to have resolved the issue. Just leaving this as an FYI for anyone else experiencing the problem.