If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

windows 10 store app crashes a lot.

I have been using the windows 10 app for about a year now and in the last 3-4 months it has become extremely unstable it crashes no me when I end a show it crashes when I try to urn on subtitles it crashes when I hit the back button when navigating the app, it crashes when I have another program open in another window it crashes on startup it crashes when I try to pause a video it crashes when it refreshes library content, it crashes if I sneeze. I have not been able to find any consistency as to why or when it crashes. It is like you have put in a if roll of dice = 6 then work else crash every time you do something. frankly I am getting pretty fed up with it. near as I can tell it has not been updated in a while the version the store has is 3.2.20-25990c77 from 5/10/2017. Is there going to be an update soon?

Best Answer

• chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 519Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

If you bothered to look through the list of known bugs and current developments you'd know that this is known and that there was a miscommunication within the Plex Development teams regarding the UWP app

• dawesidawesi Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2

a 'miscommunication'? I'd call finding the list of known issues a 'miscommunication'... still trying to find them... not pinned to Windows App forum, support page, hmm... it's here somewhere... I give up.

Having same issue... can't find 'known bugs' since March 2017...

In event viewer I'm getting a 'faulting module' error SharedLibrary.dll version 1.4.24201.0 exception code 0x802b0014 (error) over and over and also package was terminated because it took too long to suspend ((64), Process Lifetime manager (info)..

hopefully these are on that list, I just can't find it, only can find xbox one known issues (using google).

So bear with us once in a while attendees of this site, I bought my lifetime subs almost 5-10 years ago and dont' usually have issues, but this one is driving me bananas...

Looking to permanently uninstall windows app it's that bad, moved to web player for now. it would be good if installer notified fixes on first launch on app also so we know when this bug is fixed.

• penguinfarms@gmail.compenguinfarms@gmail.com Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sorry Chaos but if it takes more than an hour of searching and terms like UWP instead of windows 10 app then I guess I am going to post and some pissed off user is likely to answer my question on where to find any info. So I guess my ploy worked and you provided the links I had been looking for but was way to lazy to find on my own. Why they don't just post this info in the help section of their web page were we can look it up and go yup it's all messed up and no one is fixing it find another way to use Plex moron. Anyways thanks for the answers Chaos.

• YogimaxYogimax Posts: 306Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nonetheless as to where to look, the app does crash embarrassingly often (however, the embarrassment is only if you are a user, and not a developer it appears!!)

Seriously though, this needs addressed! Or is the app not due for an upgrade because it is less than 1 year since the last one?

PMS: Windows 10Pro; Intel Core i5 4670K; 8GB RAM; 15TB internal storage; Networked within house via 600Mbs Homeplug;
    Internal Desktop Clients: 3 Win 10 64 Home, 2 Win 10 64 Pro
    Other Internal Clients: Roku 3, Nexus 10, 2 x Nexus 7, iPad 2, LG Pad 8.3
    External Clients via broadband: 10 x Roku, Nexus 7, Asus Transformer Prime, Windows 10 (Firefox), Windows 10 (Chrome)
    Mobile Clients: Nexus 7 3G, 2 x HTC One M8, Nexus 4