Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex only plays audio commentary, no matter which audio track is selected on select 4K movies

Skydiver718Skydiver718 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass

This has been happening to a few 4k movies I have up on my server. I have one recent movie which has DTS 7.1 and AC3 stereo audio tracks, and while using the Plex Pass channel, the only audio I hear is the commentary, regardless of which audio track I pick.

I have direct play "forced" and allow direct stream enabled, since I don't want Plex to transcode any 4k files and lose picture quality.

Is there a work around/fix for this?

Best Answer

Answers

• mcrommertmcrommert Members, Plex Pass Posts: 535 Plex Pass

i often have problems of changing audio tracks on roku but they don't actually change

PMS: Windows 10 1709 - ASROCK H77 - 40tb pool Stablebit Drivepool & 16tb Google Drive Stablebit Clouddrive
    Main: Xbox One Plex & Roku 3 - Bedroom: Roku Stick (2017)

Also: Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick (2017), iPad Mini +, Android Moto G4, OnePlus Three, HDHomeRun Connect 2 Tuner for Live TV and DVR

mcrommert
  • Skydiver718Skydiver718 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass

Thank you!

• Skydiver718Skydiver718 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass

Okay, so disabling "force direct play" now causes 1080p movies to constantly buffer; sometimes every 5 minutes, sometimes every minute.

For 4K movies, there are glitches in the picture, which makes it unbearable to watch (using DTS 5.1 or DTS 7.1). Enabling "force direct play" now causes the audio to not work (AC3 5.1), whereas previously, it would play perfectly. Are you guys aware of this?

Hopefully it's not just me.

• LittlefeetsLittlefeets Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I've got the same issue.