Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Recently updated Xbox App showing title through episodes and movies

jami2539jami2539 Posts: 10Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

When I play a TV show or movie with the new update the title stays in the background and I can't watch it like that. This needs to be fixed immediately. Is anyone else experiencing this

Answers

• jami2539jami2539 Posts: 10Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Here is a picture of what is happening

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 2,272Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

can you please describe the issue with some more details?
    with the additional picture you have completely lost me... it shows your show is buffering but there's no title showing as described in your original post (apologies if this is just me not following your explanation).

Yeah basically whatever the screen title or if it buffers the screen just stays there

Basically whatever the app is telling me it is doing stays on the screen while the TV or movie plays

again... not sure what you mean with "screen title" (at least it's not showing on your pic).
    do you mean the video is playing properly but the buffering box remains on screen?

Yes the buffering box stays up while the video plays fine or when the episode starts the title is there even though the video is playing.

Here is the picture with the title

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 567Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

To clarify:

This happens with the latest alpha version of the new Xbox One Spring dashboard update (1804).

Basically the grey box stays visible all the time when wachting a video. Sometimes it says Buffering and sometimes the episode title.

But this is a bug and not a feature request.

• shakowsshakows Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Did you look at the other bunch of threads already open for this?
    Temp fix is to start the show, go to Home and then back to plex
    Or unenroll from the XB1 preview program

"Need's to be fixed immediately" Lol

• 2badmice2badmice Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same issue here and on the Spring update, the temporary fix didn't work for me

• harjonharjon Posts: 90Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Count me in.. Just happened with last update

• utelhamautelhama Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Happened to me too

• bonkeydavebonkeydave Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi

Same happening to me, just sat down to watch a film.... Shame...

• shakowsshakows Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

As I said before Unenroll from the XB1 preview program if you dont want to be a Beta Tester

• greatfishgreatfish Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

the same here. The grey box in the middle of the screen stays visible all the time displaying a message "Buffering" or an episode title. Very annoying.

• azguzazguz Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This happened to me a few days ago as well... seems like this is an xbox insider issue only?

see the link above; it's an issue with the Xbox preview.

• PolikosFoinixPolikosFoinix Posts: 1Members

So the answer is to remove yourself from the Beta/Alpha build of XBox instead of whatever is going wrong with Plex to keep the Title constantly displaying in the middle of the screen.... doesn't seem like a very good answer to me.

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,634Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@PolikosFoinix said:
    So the answer is to remove yourself from the Beta/Alpha build of XBox instead of whatever is going wrong with Plex to keep the Title constantly displaying in the middle of the screen.... doesn't seem like a very good answer to me.

It's the only answer I'm afraid. As already mentioned the cause of the issue lies with the Insider ring OS builds, and not our app. Microsoft are already aware of the issue and are working on a fix. In the mean time if you want to avoid the issue then you need to jump back to the public OS build, and not the alpha ring builds.