Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Buffer or title screen stays on top while the video is playing and there is no way to get rid of it.

jami2539jami2539 Posts: 10Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

While streaming video on my Xbox One app which was recently updated the buffer or title screen stays on screen while the video is playing and there is no way to get rid of it. The app appears to be broken and was just updated on the 20th of February. It makes the app unusable basically. No other device has this issue. My Roku is fine as well as my phone app.

Answers

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,634Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Hi there. This is a known issue with the recent Xbox Insider update and we are investigating a fix with Microsoft.

• kingshillbillykingshillbilly Posts: 21Members ✭✭

Things work fine using the Media Player app on XB1 playing dnla from my Plex Server

• Terry CinemasTerry Cinemas Posts: 909Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Moussa said:
    Hi there. This is a known issue with the recent Xbox Insider update and we are investigating a fix with Microsoft.

I figured it was an “insider issue” since it didnr start until the update was pushed

Chris

Old username: CMTAHM

- (4) Rokus
    - (3) iPads/ 1 mini
    - (1) Windows 7 x64 PMS
    - (1) PHT
    - (1) MacBook Pro
    - (1) GTV NSX-40GT1
    - (1) Kindle Fire HD
    - (3) iPhones

• Snail02Snail02 Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

As a temp workaround. Hit the xbox button when the video starts playing. Select home and drop back to the dash. Then open Plex again.

• DarkManX4lfDarkManX4lf Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Snail02 said:
    As a temp workaround. Hit the xbox button when the video starts playing. Select home and drop back to the dash. Then open Plex again.

Thank you. This worked. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

• SteveMcNallySteveMcNally Posts: 336Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Moussa said:

Any ETA? Seems to have also been pushed down from alpha to also include beta users now too, which makes Plex unusable again for me and many more people.

• StuBeckStuBeck Posts: 1Members

@Snail02 said:

This just causes Plex to crash on my setup. Audio plays for about five seconds while the plex logo is shown full screen then it crashes to the dashboard.

• MarkusMcNugenMarkusMcNugen Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 11

@StuBeck said:

@Snail02 said:

This just causes Plex to crash on my setup. Audio plays for about five seconds while the plex logo is shown full screen then it crashes to the dashboard.

Same here. Plex is completely unusable on my Xbox One for this reason. Looks like Ill be enabling the DLNA server and going through the crappy and not very compatible Media Player. Thats a legit workaround for the problem at least ;)

• VPNBUGGVPNBUGG Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It is unenjoyable and had to resort to old school file searching through the media files via xbox media app, I really hope this gets fixed.

• Bobby5512Bobby5512 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Was able to get it to work by pressing the xbox button when the movie starts playing. Select home and immediately press the b button to go back into plex. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.